1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Knight Rider to be "rebooted"

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by phrelin, Nov 10, 2008.

1. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    From The Hollywood Reporter:
    Why do I have the feeling that "the hard drive crashed" and "rebooting" isn't going to help? While in the past Fox dumped shows too fast, now is NBC trying tooo hard to make a show work?

Even more puzzling. I have recorded this season for "season shifting." Do I now delete all 13 shows and begin with the 14th episode?:confused:

2. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    Maybe they should try sticking it in the freezer overnight. ;)

3. rhambling

rhambling Godfather

Dec 19, 2007
    Rebooted?? the show crashed and they are trying to keep it alive. very disappointed with it.

4. Ken S

Ken S RIP

Feb 12, 2007
    Here's the new Knight Rider car and show title...

[​IMG]

5. Fontano

Fontano Godfather

Feb 7, 2008
    I still enjoy the show, and do still watch it.
    My son enjoys watching it to.

However, I am glad they are rebooting and scalling it back a bit. Way too many characters and voices in the show. Hopefully they also pull the FBI aspect out of it as well.

I am also glad that NBC isn't giving it the boot, I am tired of shows/networks just giving up if the first combination of things didn't work.

While I don't expect the new Knight Rider to go down in history as one of the greatest series of all times, look at many shows that retooled mid-way first season, or after the first season and then had long runs.

6. Sirshagg

Sirshagg Hall Of Fame

Dec 29, 2006
    I'd go with the first and forget the second.

7. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Oh, they can 'reboot' Knight Rider but 'Journeyman' doesn't get a chance? Great.

8. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    It wouldn't surprise me to see a pattern develop at NBC.

Journeyman - 20th Century Fox Television
    Knight Rider - Universal Media Studios

Consider:
    Lipstick Jungle - NBC Universal Television Studio
    Life - Universal Media Studios
    Heroes - Universal Media Studios
    My Own Worst Enemy - Universal Media Studios
    Crusoe - Power (U.S.) plus Moonlighting (South Africa) and Muse Entertainment (Canada)
    Chuck - College Hill Pictures, Wonderland Sound and Vision and Warner Bros. Television with a huge international distribution

In the future I would expect to see NBC commit more heavily to NBCU subsidiaries' productions as all revenues accrue to the mothership GE, but also they will gamble on shows where the initial cost of production is shared through commited distribution in other countries.

In the past, networks have been better at spreading the wealth. But 20th Century Fox Television produces Prison Break and the mid-season show Dollhouse, the former a show that another network besides Fox might have cancelled after season 3 and the latter Fox is trying to make successful by pairing it with Terminator on Friday to attract the science fiction crowd who probably DVR everything anyway.

But the business model could radically change as the economy tanks.

9. Cmnore

Cmnore Godfather

Sep 22, 2008
    +1

10. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    As long as those regular people are well endowed damsels who are short on clothing, I will keep watching, because I am 12.

11. rustynails

rustynails Godfather

Apr 24, 2008
    It doesn't need a reboot. It needs to be kicked off the air and totally revamped.

12. Cable Lover

Cable Lover Legend

Jun 19, 2007
    As long as Sarah Graiman wears very little clothing, I will keep watching, because I'm a 32 year old male.:eek:

13. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Dropping those three regulars is probably a good thing .. Their characters could still be there without ever speaking again.

Yeah, the show is a bit campy, but so were The A-team and the original Knight Rider .. A little camp is sometimes good.

14. rustynails

rustynails Godfather

Apr 24, 2008
    You know that you could be right. I loved the A-team and even liked the original Knight Rider but I have grown up a lot since then. I can't stand David Hasselhoff but I do love looking at Deanna Russo. Have you seen her website?

15. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    So it goes from being rebooted to just plain booted. No big loss.

16. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    yup, I don't expect this one to be back .. It was so much better than the Bionic Woman, though.

But still not as good as Journeyman (R.I.P.).

17. thespaceghost

thespaceghost Legend

May 23, 2008
    Knight Rider is a good theme. Unfortunately, everything around the show is awful; from the writers to the cast.

18. Sixto

Sixto Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Yep, miss Journeyman, and Life on Mars not as good for going back in time :)

19. luisorlando

luisorlando Cool Member

Jun 19, 2003
    I didn't give a chance to Knight Rider because NBC didn't gave a chance to Bionic Woman and I really like that show.