1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

L2.75 Software Release Discussion

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by FrankD1, Mar 23, 2006.

1. FrankD1

FrankD1 AllStar

Jul 14, 2002
    Just got a popup msg while watching live TV that a new SW was available, select yes to install now or no to be reminded in 15 minutes. Selected yes, installing now...

2. Skates

Skates Icon

Apr 15, 2004
    Me, too. I've never seen that before.

3. dirtydan

dirtydan AllStar

Dec 15, 2004
    Me too, a first for me and 921, I refused it for now

4. pdlittle

pdlittle AllStar

Jan 25, 2004
    I got it too. I postponed to finish a show in progress.

5. Skates

Skates Icon

Apr 15, 2004
    I was feeling adventurous so I said "Yes". It loaded the software on the fly and says it will process it the next time the unit is rebooted :eek2:

6. H2OSkier

H2OSkier Mentor

Jan 20, 2004
    I went to the guide and I got the same thing. Except I don't think I had a choice but to go though with the upgrade.

Ken

PS Well it was surprising fast, seemed to be back up in less than 5 minutes. I now have 275.

7. jergenf

jergenf Godfather

Mar 31, 2005
    Same here the new version is apparently downloading but no flashing power light.
    Anybody know what L275 is suppose to do or correct?

8. charanis

charanis Cool Member

Mar 2, 2004
    Didnt' 274 just get to us? Daylight Savings - before April?

9. langlin

langlin Godfather

Apr 8, 2005
    Just loaded and rebooted and have L275. don't have any idea what it is though.

10. tnsprin

tnsprin Hall Of Fame

Mar 15, 2003
    Same thing. Postponed for 15 minutes and now have let it start the upgrade. Since I was in the middle of recording a show (I was also watching a show from the other night), so I would have thouht it should have automatically postponed it rather than ask me.

11. GeeWhiz1

GeeWhiz1 Legend

Dec 6, 2005
    My experience was the same as the rest. That is the first time I've seen that message.

Anyway, now I have 275. Who knows what it was supposed to fix?:confused:

12. tnsprin

tnsprin Hall Of Fame

Mar 15, 2003
    Not sure if that took. I saw a red light go on at 10 right in the middle of it saying it was upgrading the Software. When it came on 8 minutes later it still said l274 and had 8 minutes of the show from 10 oclock. I have decided to stop recording the show and started a reboot.

13. JD Robinson

JD Robinson Mentor

Nov 13, 2004
    Same thing here. I was starting to get worried after it rebooted three times ... I finally interrupted it (I guess) and now I'm watching using 2.74 again, and it still says that the software will be installed after a reboot. I think I won't reboot again until, let's see, April 20th or so when my 921 is ready for the Big Sleep.

14. IowaStateFan

IowaStateFan Godfather

Jan 11, 2006
    I'm a little concerned about this update. Everything seemed pretty stable with 274. Right now my remote is acting very poorly. There is a significant delay when I push the guide button (2 - 3 seconds) before the guide comes up. Hope we aren't going to have more trouble

15. SteveB

SteveB Mentor

Aug 18, 2004
    Got the message while watching. Chose to delay, but it rebooted anyway. Hope it fixes the switching from HD to SD problem. Have to update my signature for version.

16. knealy

knealy Legend

Jul 5, 2002
    What's up?

17. mbw

mbw New Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Got the pop-up while watching a recorded show and recording other content. Accepted the download, everything kept working as expected except that the recorded show I was watching changed its aspect to zoom instead of normal.

When show stopped recording, powered down unit - unplugged from wall (why do we even have to go through these hoops). Update loaded as expected.

No waiting for guide info after update.

18. Cyclone

Cyclone Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 1, 2002
    Got it, can't see any differences yet.

19. JD Robinson

JD Robinson Mentor

Nov 13, 2004
    Smart card reboot fixed me right up. I think this up?grade takes either that or a power cord reset to take hold.

20. ebaltz

ebaltz Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2004
    Downloaded during the evening shows, that is an odd time for it to spool. Don't see anything new.