1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laci Peterson Found ?

Discussion in 'The OT' started by John Corn, Apr 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Corn

John Corn Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    http://www.bayarea.com/mld/mercurynews/news/5632737.htm

2. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    She was found under a mile from where her husband was "fishing". A baby boy was also found washed ashore about a mile away. I hope they can prove this guy did it and he gets the ultimate penalty.

3. Frapp

Frapp Icon

Apr 23, 2002
    Absolutely !

I think this guy ( if he had something to do with it, which we all suspect he did ) should be fried.

Unfortunately, he is probably a product of the current "ME" generation :shrug:

4. John Corn

John Corn Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    It's unfortunate, but all signs do indicate that the recovered bodies may be that of Laci Peterson and the unborn child. Two bodies found in a span of a week, female adult and male fetus, within a mile of each other is going to be hard to sell as a coincidence.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that based on the evidence, her husband Scott is responsible. I know it's much too early to tell, but geographically speaking, the drive from Modesto to Berkeley is close to a hundred miles. The recovered bodies were found washed up near waters in Richmond, which a neighboring city to Berkeley.

If indeed the DNA samples from the carcass match those of the hair samples from Laci's brush, then Scott may have just done himself in with his own story (indicating that he was fishing in Berkeley on the date of Laci's disappearance).

Of course, it does not help that neighbors of the Petersons in Modesto haven't seen or heard from Scott in weeks. The guy has been shady since the beginning. Why was he in Southern California setting up search sites shortly after his wife's disappearance? Wouldn't it be more logical to set up something locally?

Anyway, I too believe that one is innocent until proven guilty. It's just hard to look at the facts and see that someone other than Scott Peterson would have something to do with Laci's disappearance.

5. gcutler

gcutler Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    But between the guy in Boston who shot his Pregnant wife and the Woman who drove her kids into a lake to drown, I immediately assume it is always an "Inside Job".

Elizabeth Smart, was one I was wrong about, but Jon-Benet Ramsey and Laci Peterson are ones that I need proof that it wasn't an Inside Job .

6. RJS1111111

RJS1111111 Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Not really. I heard that Elizabeth's mother took pity on the transient who later abducted her child, giving him odd jobs to do around the house, and trusted access.

It's like the parents of the four-year-old who drowned in a celebrity's pool. They dropped the boy off at the party with a nanny. The nanny left the party without him. He eventually fell into the pool and drowned.

When parents are negligent and/or trust strangers with their children, bad things can happen.

7. John Corn

John Corn Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Scott Peterson arrested

I've been following the story of Laci's disappearance since it began at Christmas. This is devastating to me, and I can't even imagine what her family and friends must be going through. The pictures they show of this beautiful young woman hit me hard. What a shame that her life was tragically cut short. The thought that someone could even carry out a crime like this gives me chills all over. :nono:

Rest in Peace, Laci and Connor.

8. RichW

RichW Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 29, 2002
    Men killing their wives and kids. Women killing their kids. Women killing their cheating husbands. What is going wrong here? Is the "me" generation so wrapped up in themselves that abject depravity has replaced human decency? I beleive that is the case.

9. lastmanstanding

lastmanstanding Godfather

Mar 22, 2003
    This kind of sickness seems to be intergral to the human condition. Scott Peterson seems to be a classic sociopath. I would not be shocked to learn that he has a history of this behavior.

Like many before him, his arrogance has been his undoing, and perhaps the hand of God. Save for some execptional circumstances, those bodies would have never been found.
    A different tide or wind would have carried them forever out to sea.

Guilt seems certain. Now the death sentence will be the issue. I don't know if Scott deserves to die, but he certainly does not deserve to live.

10. George_F

George_F Legend

Dec 25, 2002
    The LA Times is reporting the police think he did it in their home and transported the bodies.

I don't have a link, it is linked from a newssite I frequent and I don't want to register to get the story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.