Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by kb24sd, Jul 1, 2012.
That is correct. It would be good if no cable or satellite company owned channels, though.
Yes I agree. Like how the Yankee's own YES network and the Red Sox's own NESN.
Problem is though the Lakers couldn't afford to spend their own money to launch this new regional TV network.Which is why they agreed to the 20 year TV rights deal and to have Time Warner Cable Sportnet, to launch the RSN and build a new building and studio for them.
Contrary to many people's beliefs.Dr. Buss and his family aren't the richest owners in the NBA.Paul Allen who owns the Blazers, Mark Cuban who owns the Mavs and even Mickey Arison who own the Heat have more money & net worth than The Buss family.
Wrong... Yankee Global Enterprises LLC and Goldman Sachs own YES. Yankee Global Enterprises LLC owns the Yankees and YES as separate companies. Therefore, the Yankees technically do not own YES.
NESN is a joint venture between Fenway Sports Group (owners of Liverpool F.C., Boston Red Sox and an 80% majority share in the network) and Delaware North (owners of the Boston Bruins and the remaining 20% share in the network).
Uh oh west coast channels vs east coast channels just kidding
Actually, I'm talking more about CSN owned by Comcast, TWCSportsnet owned by TWC, Root owned by Directv.
Seems the fewest disputes are with FSN, which has no cable or satellite affiliation. Hmm.
Yup, and this is why cable companys should not be allowed to own cable channels, including RSN's.
Companies in any media shouldn't own sports franchises!
FYI - worked fine. Activated my BB account through my normal NBA LP subscription (tied it into my DTV account). Used a proxy outside the LA area and was able to watch the game.
What am I supposed to be seeing? An app that is selling? The Saints Who Dat app was beating a Lakers app the other day...as was the texans app. So what does this matter again?
Another poster mentioned above that it doesn't matter if the Lakers are 35th or not on the Forbes Richest Teams list due to other teams being soccer teams, etc....why does that matter? You see how much NBC Universal bought the EPL rights?
Point is, the money adds up...and though you may not care about those soccer teams, many in the US just may.
The Lakers asking price is just insane for what the team brings nationally
I don't think mlb has the the number two spot locked up as some make it out to be
No, it's an "app" that tracks what DIRECTV customers are watching at that very moment. The Laker game was #1 in the national category, #1 in the pacific category and #1 in the sports category. Translation, it was being watched by more DIRECTV customers than any other program.
Hit the active button on your remote, you'll see what I mean.
Just heard on TV, Mike D'Antoni is the new Lakers head coach.
Yep, looks like the Lakers will be running and gunning for an uptempo offense. Unfortunately, there will be no defense, so kiss those free Tacos goodbye.
It is not that we are D* Fanboys as much as it is that 85% of the DirecTV customer base does not care one bit about the Lakers, and moe than 70% do not care about the NBA.
We're ALL paying for channels we don't watch.
I'm apart of this 70%. It would be nice to have the channel but I couldn't care less if we didn't. I'd rather see the money and energy spent on other channels we don't have in HD yet.
If there was enough interest in this channel, we would've had it already.
I guess the other providers that carry TWC Sportsnet just wanted to waste money. :lol:
Yes, and we're also not paying for channels we don't watch. (QVC, etc.)
But the real point is perspective. Lakers and Pac12 are demanding way too much money, if numbers that have been thrown about are to be believed.
Call me what you want. I was barely ok with professional organization specific channels and college sport specific channels. I've been opposed since day 1 to conference specific and organization owned and pretty much specific sports channels. This continual fragmentation just means more disputes to see people gripe about because everything isn't going to get on from day 1 if ever, and when they show up it causes rates to rise on those of us who don't care at all. Now in saying this, I don't blame fans of x team for being upset its apparently not available to them. They have a right to want the channel same as some old lady has the right to want another food network if that ever happens.
I love Phil Jackson without a doubt, but I really don't think he would've succeeded with this Lakers team. Nash isn't a triangle PG, he's a runner and pick n role guy. Howard isn't a triangle C, he flourishes with a moving and pick n roll offense. The triangle is for stationary weak PGs and immobile Cs. As for defense; It's a veteran team, they don't need defensive coaching.