1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Latest on Denver's HD Tower

Discussion in 'Local Reception' started by Phil T, May 5, 2005.

1. Phil T

Phil T Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Mar 25, 2002
    Littleton,...
  2. invaliduser88

invaliduser88 Welcome to Torchwood DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    ahhhh, the domino excuse. That tower can fall and hit another tower and that tower could hit a house....

3. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Phil, what you should have said is "I'm SURE that this tower will never be built"...

Unf**king believable... :rolleyes: Considering the two towers will be up and operational for a maximum of 6 months before the KCNC tower is taken down...

4. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    I'm not a structural engineer, but I've always heard that in the event of a tower starting to fall, the structure quickly loses integrity and just crumples, not just falling straight over like a tree. Is this not the case?

5. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Yup, that's the case.

6. DBSPaul

DBSPaul Mentor/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 26, 2002
    *yawn* Big surprise .. NOT. I never, ever believed the "summer 2005" claims. :mad:

7. kenglish

kenglish Icon

Oct 2, 2004
    Salt Lake...
    I'm a lot more worried about the "Domino Effect" of having two major markets, Denver and New York City, with NO Digital TV Service (and, after December 31, 2006, maybe NO OTA BROADCASTING at all).

If the broadcasters in those two cities find a way to remain viable, maybe all the stations in the country will give up on DTV, and just go sat and cable only.

Can you say: One day, ALL TV will be PAY TV" ?