1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Layer3 TV

Discussion in 'Internet Streaming Services' started by Mike1096, May 14, 2018.

1. Mike1096

Mike1096 New Member

Jan 20, 2018
    Anyone use it or have info??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    no

[you can disable a signature in settings of the app, your post is shorter then this meaningless line]

3. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    So your definitive answer is nobody has Layer 3 TV? <sigh>

4. machavez00

machavez00 Hall Of Fame

Nov 2, 2006
    Phoenix,...
    Not available in Phoenix.

5. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Here's an article that gives some background on it What Is Layer3 TV and How Does It Work? which makes it sound interesting but of course since they are a cable TV service they aren't available here. You can go to their website to see if it is available in your area yet. According to this in the Denver Post today What to expect from T-Mobile’s future disruptive, Denver-based TV service? “Listening to customers” their goal is to become part of the 5G world through the T-Mobile/Sprint merger.

At this point it's hard to figure out who the streaming players are going to be in 2025, but it looks like it's leaning towards existing cable/telecom companies perhaps merged with content providers.

6. tonyc

tonyc Legend

Jun 12, 2006
    Anaheim,CA
    Yes I had it for one month, would of kept it but did not realize I still had a contract with DTV, Picture quality is excellent , customer service is excellent , im in California so it was available. the best thing to do is call them and ask them even thing you want to know, they will have the answers, USA based. also you can go on youtube there some info there, and are no hidden charges.

Mike1096 likes this.
  7. GoLongAndChopChop881

GoLongAndChopChop881 Member

Dec 20, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    Layer3 was available for Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Los Angeles, Washington D.C. markets. Some channels were not added and/or in the lineup such as Univision. The allHD package had no SD duplicates (some channels are only in SD without an HD feed launched). Man, it uses HEVC encoding unlike many cable providers as well.

Have you ever heard that T-Mobile was going to acquire DISH in 2015?

8. Mike1096

Mike1096 New Member

Jan 20, 2018
    I’m currently using Layer3 here in Chicago and I have to say the PQ is outstanding.

9. GoLongAndChopChop881

GoLongAndChopChop881 Member

Dec 20, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    About the PQ from DISH, let's take an example of Univision Deportes HD. The PQ may be a little pixelated if they're using HD Lite (1440x1080).

10. Mike1096

Mike1096 New Member

Jan 20, 2018
    Who uses HD lite? Dish? I don’t know what Layer3 is using. It looks damn good though.