LCC Edit Antenna Channels greyed

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by Goldlexus1, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Goldlexus1

Goldlexus1 New Member

Dec 3, 2016
    LCC Edit Antenna Channels greyed out
    I install the LCC went thru set up but I'm not get any local channels. I went into settings to check strength and notice 'Edit Antenna Channels' is greyed out.
    I move the antenna to a different window.
    I did get the message to set it up. Put in my zip. It identified my area and did the scan.
    Any ideas on what I'm missing?

2. makaiguy

makaiguy Icon

Sep 24, 2007
    Aiken, SC
    I've not been able to edit antenna channels immediately after setting them up. I've found I have to back out to the main menu then drill back to the antenna set up and then the edit item is active.

3. Goldlexus1

Goldlexus1 New Member

Dec 3, 2016
    I think the problem is that the antenna is unable to pull any OTA locals in. I don't even have local channels showing up on the guide. Did a chat with directv and got a basic too bad so sad reaction. Saying they don't guarantee I'll get my stations Ota.

4. MrWindows

MrWindows New Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Phoenix,...
    Unless you have a TV that doesn't have a tuner (I mean YOU Vizio), an easy way to check local channel reception would be to hook it directly to your TV and let it scan for channels. If successful, then the issue is the LCC or maybe it's waiting on an update, or maybe the DVR needs an update. If not, then you need to locate the antenna where you can receive OTA.

5. Goldlexus1

Goldlexus1 New Member

Dec 3, 2016
    I gave it a try on the TV and got nothing. We are not in an OTA friendly area. I suspected that. I guess we have to wait for the dispute to end to get our local CBS back. We have CBS All Access but that app is really bad. Constant error codes and app shut downs.

6. cmoss5

cmoss5 1960'S NOSTALGIA

May 26, 2006
    Tucker,GA
    Well, I got 2 LCC'S....one for my Genie, which I hooked up to my outside antennae that had been hooked up to my AM21 and did not use the USB port sent with it...one for my HR22 as hooked it up as the outside antennae and did not use the USB port for that one either...on the Genie, I got about 30 locals but only checked off about 6 I will use...on the HR22, it only went with my local Atlanta stations ota, which is all I needed it for but does work on the HR22, believe me. I got 1 LCC via phone, 2nd via chat.

7. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    any chance pull System Info screen from the 22 with STB model/FW version and LCC status and post a picture here?