1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lehigh Valley PA

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Smush401, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Smush401

Smush401 Mentor

Dec 12, 2005
    Has anyone in the Valley been able to get DTV to give them access to the East Coast HD feeds recently? I'm thinking about signing back up to RCN so I can get back Fox 5 NY HD for the Giants season. Really want to stay with DTV but Fox 29 Philly will always show the Eagles games over the Giants for obvious reasons. Sunday ticket is way to expensive for me. Think if I threaten to cancel DTV will give me access, I'm guessing not. Thanks in advance

2. RobertE

RobertE New Member

Jun 9, 2006
    You can threaten all you want. They still have to abide by the FCC regs.

3. Smush401

Smush401 Mentor

Dec 12, 2005
    Yeah I know just drives me crazy that both the cable providers around here can give their subscribers both Philly and NY local stations but not DTV.

4. wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose Hall Of Fame

Aug 16, 2006
    DirecTV tends to play by the law much more than her competitors. I say good for them - after it all, it IS the law,like it or not.

5. Smush401

Smush401 Mentor

Dec 12, 2005
    Strange question but does anyone know if the NY spot beam overlaps the Philly spot beam at all? I live only about 20 minutes from the New Jersey border. Wanted check to see if I could change my locals from Philly to NY. If anyone has done this in the valley please let me know. I know their are plenty of transplanted NYers in the valley with me.

6. wallybarthman

wallybarthman Godfather

Feb 4, 2009
    The only legal way to do this with DirecTV is to add an AM21 tuner if you're in OTA range for the other broadcast channels you want. I do this to get Youngstown, OH locals in Pittsburgh.

7. kpantz

kpantz AllStar

Jan 7, 2009
    Yeah - the problem with that in the Lehigh Valley is that you're in OTA range for pretty much, well, nothing. :(

8. Smush401

Smush401 Mentor

Dec 12, 2005
    Unfortunately EXACTLY!

9. HarryD

HarryD Icon

Mar 24, 2002
    Lehigh...
    Amen to that! :lol:

10. oldengineer

oldengineer Godfather

May 25, 2008
    If you have SECTV available they've got a pretty good deal for Lehigh Valley customers. VIOP phone with a battery backup, 5MHZ internet and a pretty good basic cable package for 99 +tax. I was paying Verizon 65 for land line and 49.95 for internet so the SECTV deal is a wash for me. With a QAM tuner you also get the Philly channels, the NY CBS, Fox, 11 AND Comcast Sports Net all in HD. Its a good backup and I intend to use it as a bargaining chip next month when my contract is up.

11. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    And they seem to be the only cable co that let's you buy cable cards.

12. repoman75

repoman75 Legend

Jan 27, 2008
    Not to hijack the thread, but when is WFMZ 69 going to be in HD on Dtv?? I want to see Pam Cunningham in HD.. yum.

13. wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose Hall Of Fame

Aug 16, 2006
    I have a OTA HR20-700, and 69-1 comes in fine other than the wintertime. WFMZ also has full time weather on 69-2 which is very good.