1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lifetime DVR no more?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by jcricket, Mar 5, 2012.

1. jcricket

jcricket Legend

Nov 21, 2005
    So I just got an upgraded Whole Home install for a pretty low price, but the rep said he had to remove my Lifetime DVR service (means I'm paying $8 more per month than I was, not including the $3 whole-home fee and $6 for the new 2nd receiver I'm getting). I have an HR22, and am adding a HD receiver (HR24 or HR25), along with the new dish and so-forth.

Anyone have luck in getting the lifetime DVR service re-activated on their account after upgrading to whole-home?

Was the guy just not knowledgeable enough?

2. DogLover

DogLover Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    Do you have lifetime from an old DirecTivo or from it being grandfathered with the Premiere package?

The premiere package grandfathering will be difficult to have out back on.

The lifetime from DirecTivo (or certain other DVRs) is still listed in the customer agreement as permanent. If that is what you had, the CSR is wrong about having to remove it. Call back or email up the chain until you get it fixed.

3. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    They accidentally removed mine when they had to rebuild my account due to my returning the DVR they had listed as the "primary" receiver.

I had to send an email to Ellen Filpiak who turned it over to some other department. It took them about 4 days, but ended up putting it back on my account, and giving me a $5 credit for 3 months for the hassle.

This is from their current Terms of Service:

4. jcricket

jcricket Legend

Nov 21, 2005
    Thanks all - I have the tivo-related lifetime service (not premier).

I'll email and see what response I get.