Limited time offer?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by kkl, Feb 8, 2012.

1. kkl

kkl Mentor

Feb 11, 2007
    When I sent DirecTV a question about the line-up changes, part of their response was this:

Doesn't sound like much other than an attempt to sell me something. Anyone know what this is about?

2. zimm7778

zimm7778 Hall Of Fame

Nov 11, 2007
    Sounds like their on Demand service. If you can hook your HD DVR up through an ethernet cable or a wifi router of some kind you can have access to their on demand service. It gives you access to a lot of ppv movies and all you can purchase but there is a ton of free programming available from many of the channels directv offers like TBS, Syfy, TNT, ESPN, etc. There's also HBO, Cinemax, Starz, Showtime, Encore, and TMC on demand if you sub to any of those services.

3. kkl

kkl Mentor

Feb 11, 2007
    But there's no need to call to use this service, is there?

4. zimm7778

zimm7778 Hall Of Fame

Nov 11, 2007
    It's possible you may in order to activate it. Plus they were kind of vague so they may be asking you to call to get info too.

5. Sarcasto

Sarcasto New Member

Dec 27, 2011
    Port...
    That is odd. I know when I hooked up my ethernet cable and established a connection, the On-Demand was ready to go.

6. jimbo56

jimbo56 Legend

Nov 13, 2007
    Wonder if they're trying to sell you the Cinema Connection Kit?

7. kkl

kkl Mentor

Feb 11, 2007
    Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner! Since I started this thread, I figured I'd better call just to see what it was about. The CSR said that it was for the CCK, which I already have. So much for a special offer. And while they had me on the phone, I got a sales pitch for any premium movie service for $5 off for three months.

8. zimm7778

zimm7778 Hall Of Fame

Nov 11, 2007
    One time when I moved and hooked it up, i waited a couple of days and it was not. This was a few years back so maybe the technology has improved and it is no longer an issue. But, I had to call that time.