Lip Sync with Fox HD

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by PghGuy, Feb 23, 2009.

1. PghGuy

PghGuy AllStar

Oct 13, 2006
    Has anyone else recently notice a disconnect between the sound and picture on Fox HD? My wife noticed this last week watching american idol and I also recently noticed it yesterday during the nascar race. This was never like this is the past (for us) and we have not added or changed anything from an equipment perspective.

Is this a dish issue or fox issue (I am thinking it is Fox since its the only channel it is happening with). Does anyone else have this problem as well?

Thanks

2. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    I watched the race via OTA. I did not notice any out of sync issues.

3. HobbyTalk

HobbyTalk Hall Of Fame

Jul 14, 2007
    Fox looked fine for me yesterday. May be a local channel issue.

4. ka8zay

ka8zay AllStar

Feb 11, 2009
    Likely a local channel issue as we all don't get the same FOX unless someone else in your DMA responds you won't know for sure. It was fine in the Dayton DMA.

5. twodsne

twodsne New Member

Feb 24, 2009
    I have noticed this as well, seems to have started last week.

6. horseshoe

horseshoe Cool Member

Dec 23, 2005
    I've noticed this for the last week or two and it only affects WPGH as far as I can tell. It seemed to coincide with the update of my 622 to software ver 617 but I'm not positive it occurred the exact same time.
    Also it only occurs off the Satellite HD feed. It is fine with OTA either from my TV tuner or the OTA on the 622.
    Really looks bizarre watching American Idol. It's like watching some dubbed foreign show.

Horseshoe