1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lip Synch Problem on Walking Dead

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by shendley, Feb 18, 2013.

1. shendley

shendley Hall Of Fame

Nov 27, 2005
    Last night on the first airing of the Walking Dead there was a stretch of time where we had some pretty noticable lip synch problems. We were watching a recording of it while it was still live. Did anyone else notice this? I'm curious because I've been seeing more lip synch problems on shows occasionally than I have for quite a while and I'm wondering if it might be my equipment.

2. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    What part? I'll check later.

3. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    What is that equipment, and how have you cabled it?

4. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Forgive me, but when I saw the thread headline I could only think, "well yeah, they are dead. Of course their lips aren't in sync anymore..." :)

Yes, please post some details. Perhaps we can puzzle it out.

Have you tried watching the episode again and does it still have problems in the same sections?

Peace,
    Tom

5. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Hah. Quite right. They seem to have problems synching their arm, leg and torso movements, so lips out of synch kinda fits right in! :lol:

6. shendley

shendley Hall Of Fame

Nov 27, 2005
    Oh yeah, I forgot about them being dead. Of course they're not in sync!

But seriously, unfortunately I deleted the recording after viewing it. As such, I can't be precise but I think it was about half way through. We've been seeing this every once and a while lately. I'll try to get a more precise post next time I see the issue (assuming it comes back.

7. Diana C

Diana C Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Mar 30, 2007
    New Jersey
    We just watched the episode tonight and I didn't notice any lip synch issues.

8. goinsleeper

goinsleeper Godfather

May 22, 2012
    I watched it about 10 minutes after it finished and I had lip synch issues as well. It only lasted for the first 10 minutes(or so) of the episode. After that it was perfect.

9. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    I've noticed lip sync problems on CSPAN. One minute the politicians are talking out of one side of their mouths, the next minute they're talking out of the other side. :sure:

10. rmmccann

rmmccann AllStar

Apr 16, 2012
    ND, USA
    I noticed them too, however I recall it being closer to the middle of the episode and not near the beginning or end (I believe around the time Daryl and Merle were arguing before helping the folks on the bridge). I was watching live and it only lasted for a minute or two.

11. Diana C

Mar 30, 2007
    New Jersey
    I still have my recording, so if someone wants to point out a specific scene, I'll check the recording and we can determine if this was a feed problem or local hardware/software issues.

12. shendley

shendley Hall Of Fame

Nov 27, 2005
    That sounds about like what I remember seeing - that specific scene. But I think I remember it lasting a bit longer than that. But it was fixed after a fairly short while.

13. coolman302003

coolman302003 2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Jun 2, 2008
    Southeast
    I still have the recording, so I started watching at :26 min mark (near the specific scene mentioned above) and audio was out of sync until around :47 min mark where it appeared to be fixed.

14. Diana C

Mar 30, 2007
    New Jersey
    Checked our recording and it looks fine to me. The conversation prior to reaching bridge looked in sync, but there was honestly few clear shots of either of them speaking. The scene at the edge of the water was short, but seemed in sync. Both the commercials for the Directv Genie and the movie Snitch (the only ones with on screen speakers) were perfect, and after the break, during the battle on the bridge, the gun shot sounds synchronized with the video.

15. rmmccann

rmmccann AllStar

Apr 16, 2012
    ND, USA
    Well, it seems that it's likely NOT specific hardware as I don't think it would be likely that three of us would see the same thing at the same spot, on the same channel. I'm going to blame it on AMC or the feed from Directv.

It wasn't a big deal, certainly didn't affect the action or my enjoyment. I just happened to notice it and pointed it out to my GF who didn't care.