1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lisa Edelstein Quitting 'House,' Report Says

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by fluffybear, May 17, 2011.

1. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    Full Article

2. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Will be interesting to see who they put in charge of Dr. House.

I believe this coming season will be the show's last. Fox ought to be in a panic right now until someone figures out how to make this work.

Or maybe it's just a bargaining strategy.

3. BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt

Nov 3, 2006
  4. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Sorry to see her go as well. Wonder who they bring into the new head administrator role.

5. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    She couldn't take a pay cut for one final season and know she has a job? She'd rather go job hunting? Selfish if you ask me...

6. Ira Lacher

Ira Lacher Icon

Apr 24, 2002
    She won't be without a job for long. There's got to be a ton of roles for an engaging actress with her looks.

7. 1953

1953 Icon

Feb 7, 2006
    Desoto, TX
    Conversely, how many have left never to be seen in big roles again. I predict LMN movie roles in her future.

I think her leaving will have a major impact on HOUSE.

8. bills

bills Legend

Nov 7, 2002
    did any one see nics last night? any thoughts on who the traitor is?

9. TBoneit

TBoneit Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    I'm sorry but you've lost me there. Selfish to not feel insulted by being offered a pay cut? Selfish to not stay and be unhappy that you decided on security vs challenge?

You do understand that it was quite likely Fox's hope that they'd save money with pay cuts or by being able to hire cheap replacements. The selfish one is FOX.

10. TBoneit

TBoneit Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    I was lost with your question until I figured out that you meant NCIS. I did not worry about who was the traitor. I almost didn't watch it because I knew there would be a cliffhanger at the end.

11. 1953

1953 Icon

Feb 7, 2006
    Desoto, TX
    i think it is the new female agent who went on extended leave. Remember seeing her cut something out of her dead agents wrist. that was strange.

12. RunnerFL

Jan 4, 2006
    Yes, selfish on her part. Is she so poor that she can't take a pay cut to see out the run of a show she's been part of for years? I'm sure she has no problems putting food on her table. She just wanted more money, and that is selfish.

I guess you don't understand how TV works behind the scenes. They weren't trying to save money to be selfish. They are trying to save money in this crappy economy. By lowering the costs of House they are able to get one more year out of the show to tie up everything. If they couldn't cut costs on the show it would have been cancelled.

13. RobertE

RobertE New Member

Jun 9, 2006
    From what I read prior to this, that despite the ratings, Fox was on the fence on renewal due to climbing costs of the show. So, it does make sense. You keep you cast with pay cuts, or cut characters and replace them with cheaper ones.

14. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    While likely kills the show anyway. Cuddy's role will likely be filled by a new person holding the same job in the hospital - who knows - maybe someone "interesting" will be tagged.

One of my top Series Link shows...a fan since the first episode. :)

15. raoul5788

raoul5788 Guest

May 13, 2006
    Did she want more money, or would she not accept less? Big difference!

16. RunnerFL

Jan 4, 2006
    Oh, it makes complete sense. But for an actor, who has a fanbase, to not do the last season of a show because she refuses to make a little bit less, to help out the show, is selfish. You'd think she could "take one for the team" and do the last season for less money, others are.

17. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    The actors who took a cut in pay sold themselves short and hurt their negotiating ability with future role offers. Lisa could have done a "Jimmy Stewart" and worked for a percentage in lieu of a salary but with the show nearing the end of it's run was probably not a option.

18. gilviv

gilviv Godfather

Sep 18, 2007
    Miami, FL. USA
    I really hope this is just bargaining strategy from Ms. Edelstein's camp, otherwise the last season of House will fall short in comparison to previous ones. We are big fans here, hate to see it end poorly.:nono2:

19. RunnerFL

Jan 4, 2006
    I disagree. I think it will turn out in their favor. Any network they go to for a new show, or stay with FOX, will see that as a willingness to help out the network in their "time of need" and will value them as an "employee".

20. RunnerFL

Jan 4, 2006
    It definitely will without her.