1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Live Buffer??

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by ISWIZ, Feb 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ISWIZ

ISWIZ Icon

Nov 18, 2005
    OK, new update is installed. 9PM Recording Tarheels vs NC State on one tuner, Lost on the other. We had been watching recorded Olympics. I decide to EXIT the recording and go to My VOD to be sure the two shows are recording. And what do I exit into, 10 minutes into the basketball game.
    Hey wait, we can't do that, there is no live buffer, or is there now. OK, I go in MyVOD go to the "recorded" ball game I'v been watching at the 10 minute mark, it starts at the beginning. Hmmm, exit, back to live. OK, My VOD, in to Lost, at the beginning, Exit, back to Live ballgame...................very strange this box is:confused:

2. morgantown

morgantown Icon

Nov 15, 2005
    Bookmarks.

3. Malibu13

Malibu13 Lifetime Achiever

Sep 12, 2004
    N.E North...
    Unlikely that it is "bookmarks".........they have to be set manually by the user.

4. morgantown

morgantown Icon

Nov 15, 2005
    I certainly missed the OP's point (thinking back to Earl's original review: how to compensate for the loss of dual buffers, use bookmarks).

Perhaps this is a step in the "right" direction. Dual "buffers" has been an issue for me to bring my R15 back into active service...sure as heck much easier to hit pause and the live TV button on the TiVos. But this is interesting at least, still wish they could do it without "having" to use the VOD.

Back to the OP's point though, is this REALLY new? If so, mark it up to progress I guess.

5. ISWIZ

ISWIZ Icon

Nov 18, 2005
    I was able to rewind back to the beginning in LIVE but could only manage to get to one live tuner. Just strange.

6. cabanaboy1977

cabanaboy1977 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Yeah it does that to me all the time. I hate it, I wish it brought you too a blank screen like the UTV did. I hate finishing a recorded program only to be dumped into the live buffer and see the middle of one of the two shows that i'm recording.

Last night I had something even wierder happen. I paused a show that was recorded and then watched another recorded show. When I was done watching that show the one I had pause came up instead of live tv and started playing. Weird. So I played another recorded show and when that was done the paused show came up again and started playing.

7. ISWIZ

ISWIZ Icon

Nov 18, 2005
    You have to love the enhancements:D

8. monkcee

monkcee AllStar

Jan 17, 2006
    That's not new, 109A had it...it's kinda cool though.

9. cabanaboy1977

cabanaboy1977 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Yes and no. Depends if I wanted to start watching it or not :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.