1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LNB dual dish pro , and DP34 with Sonora Pal 14 db amp. how connect ?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by enrique soto, Oct 12, 2017.

1. enrique soto

enrique soto New Member

Oct 12, 2017
    Hi am instaling 14 receivers , dish network vip 211z , with dish pro LNB dual , but , i have a week signal , my question is , if i can instal , amp Sonora 14 db betwen LNb and Dp 34....or install betwen Dp 34 switches sombody help me ?

2. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    You do NOT need an Amp if your signal is above 45. That is NORMAL. Besides that - what are you aiming at ? A DishPro Dual LNB will only get ONE slot (119 , 110, etc) .

I'd like to know what exactly you are trying to do .

3. enrique soto

enrique soto New Member

Oct 12, 2017
    I need conect 24 receivers vip 211z , with 2 dishes separates . sat. 119 and sat 110 ,but , i do not sure if the amps . Pal 10 or 14 db are compatible with dp 34 swtches , i have 6 switch dp 34 . the signal it`s week ..,

4. enrique soto

enrique soto New Member

Oct 12, 2017
    My signal is 22/25

5. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    Ok - so, what are you using for dishes ? Do you have each dish maxed out on the lowest non-zero LNB ? Amps are generally not necessary with a proper dish aimed corectly. Also - where are you at - PR or VI ?

6. enrique soto

enrique soto New Member

Oct 12, 2017
    my antenas it is aim ok , but i am living in BAJA , am usin 2 antenas one for 119 and other for 110 sat... with one dp 34 the signakl it is 25/28 % l and it is aceptable , but when i conect 2 or 3 dp34 switch more my signal down till 18/22 .. i saw in this foro THIS...
    May 29, 2004#10 of 16

amarshallNew Member

May 29, 2004

Van said:

Ok Im curious as to how your using 2 dish's to cascade dp 34 switch's beyond the max 12 reciever configuration.

Two dishes (110 & 119) .. I use seperate dishes just to get better peak signals. RJ11 coax from Dishpro LNB's to two PAL-10 amps, output from PAL-10's at -10dB, into 4 way (you can cascade these) power passing splitters. Pal-10's provide DC to the DP-34's so you don't need receivers connected to the first DP-34 to make the rest work. each leg from the splitter into a chain of DP-34's (one feed from each PAL-10, one from 110 and one from 119) with 12 ports. Using a 4-way splitter that gives you 48 ports, 8-way 96 etc. You have to calculate the signal budget & loss, hence the original question in this thread.

Just for the sake of good order all inter-component connections are RG-11. Also you *really* need to use snap-n-seal or similar grade pro connectors. Using a single amp like this you can run 48 receivers at 400ft on RG-6QS, longer on RG-11.

Let me know if you want a schematic or part #'s

A

7. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    Ok -

#1 - Baja (Mexico) is not supposed to be using DIsh. Legal reasons. As part of this - Dish tailors their signal to roughly trace the border for best signal and to minimize interfernce with Mexican DBS services, This is going to mean your signal in Baja is probably not going to be very good.

#2 - When I was asking what dishes you were using - I was wanting the SIZE of the dishes - preferably in inches, but I can work with metric if needed. If you are far enough south in Baja, you need as large of dishes as you can find - 30 inches ( ~.75 meter) for each dish would be a good idea.

#3 - First thing - on each dish hookup ONE receiver with a DP34 connecting them. On EACH dish, from the Point Dish screen, go through ALL the transponders, finding the one that is A) - NOT a spotbeam, and B) - has the lowest, non-zero signal strength. Adjust each dish to get the best signal you can on that transponder.

#4 - Now that the dishes are peaked, put your amps between the dish LNBs and the first Dp34 dish input. It is possible that the amps have power inserters - they would also need to be between the output of the amp and the input on the switch. Make sure these amps ARE DISHPRO compatible. If they aren't - you can't use them.

#5 - Since you are using DishPRO DUAL LNBs, you could also use the other LNB outputs to another DP34 switch. This way, at most you might be able to get by with only 1 Dp34 cascade per the closest DP34's. - but it could also mean that you would need 2 more amps as well.

#6 - I don't know nor want to know how you are going to get these authorized.

Doesn't Dish offer some Dish Mexico / Dish Latin America package they sell down there ? That would be the better way to go legally, plus they could help you get things setup.

8. enrique soto

enrique soto New Member

Oct 12, 2017
    Tanks for you coment.. Normaly i use 1,20 mts for 119 sat,and 1.80 mts. for 110 sat.. and works ok ,for this instalation , i will use 1.80 mts. for 119 and 129 sat . i hope to have a 45 % of gain . my first question was , if i can use Sonora 14 /10 db amplifier, betwen LNB dish pro and dp34/ dp44 swtch...i will buy a pair these amps...
    Many peolpe have dish network receivers , legaly in Baja los cabos , the only trouble it is antena size, ...tank you for you time ..tanks a lot .. i will post results ..

9. enrique soto

enrique soto New Member

Oct 12, 2017
    Tanks for you coment.. Normaly i use 1,20 mts for 119 sat,and 1.80 mts. for 110 sat.. and works ok ,for this instalation , i will use 1.80 mts. for 119 and 129 sat . i hope to have a 45 % of gain . my first question was , if i can use Sonora 14 /10 db amplifier, betwen LNB dish pro and dp34/ dp44 swtch...i will buy a pair these amps...
    Many peolpe have dish network receivers , legaly in Baja and los cabos , the only trouble it is antena size, ...tank you for you time if a have a troubles i a will ask for help..
    i have many years working in satellites antenas since 1984 .. but this my first mini mdu dish network !!! thanks a lot ...

10. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    Eh - NOT so legally. Dish (the service we have in the US) is NOT LEGAL south of the border. If Mexico has issued licenses to DIsh to provide service to Mexico - it is a different service.

You might want to consider using DPP44 switches (which require power to receiver output1) as the first switches connected to the LNBs.

oljim likes this.