1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Local Channels

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by dankimjohn, Apr 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dankimjohn

dankimjohn Cool Member

Apr 27, 2002
    I am recieving a 2nd Dish from Dish for more local channels (L.A.) is it possible to watch one show and record another with a 2nd Dish or do I need a 2nd reciever? And why do I need a 2nd dish for local channels?

2. spanishannouncetable

spanishannouncetable Icon

Apr 23, 2002
    You need a second receiver to watch/record two shows.
    You need a second dish because Echostar divides local channels in many markets, putting some channels on the main satellites at 110/119 and other channels on side satellites way off to the east or west of the main satellites (61.5/148). The satellites are too far apart for a single dish to "see" the different positions. The receiver combines the signals from the two satellite dishes into one seamless group of channels.

3. dankimjohn

dankimjohn Cool Member

Apr 27, 2002
    What other channels are on 61.5?

4. John Corn

John Corn Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
  5. TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    See http://echostar.swiki.net/52 and go to the 8000 channels.

See ya
    Tony

DOH!
    Beat me to it by less than a minute, John :)

Actually 143 talks about 61.5. It applies mostly to 148. But the "additional locals" refers to this page:
    http://echostar.swiki.net/19

6. spanishannouncetable

spanishannouncetable Icon

Apr 23, 2002
  7. TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Too slow! :D

remember that the LA and other western cities additional locals are at 148.

See ya
    Tony

8. Adam Richey

Adam Richey Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    Kokomo, IN
    Does anybody know how Dish is doing with adding the unadded locals yet? There are a LOT that have qualified and/or Dish has committed to carry that aren't up yet. Like in my Indianapolis market, even excluding the WB (should be added by the end of the year since being bought by Tribune), WIPB and WTIU are good PBS affiliates that I'd like. I saw on the Echostar Knowledge Base that our TBN and PAX affiliate would be added mid to late 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.