1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Local channels

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by 1926, Jun 27, 2013.

1. 1926

1926 New Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Detroit
    I recently moved from L.A. to Detroit. While getting settled in Detroit, I left my direct TV account on L.A. and everything continued to work fine. The other day I switched the account to Detroit and now I get all of my subscribed channels EXCEPT the local (Detroit) ones. I have tried resetting, selecting different dish set-ups, checked all connections, everything I can think of. I always get the 771 code "searching for signal on ln2".
    I have an HR22-100 receiver and a Slimline Multi-Satellite dish with built-in multi-switch. My dish manual says to install it as a 5LNB Multi-Sat. That is not one of my choices during set-up so I have been using "Slimline 5" and as I said it worked fine for years but now there are no local channels.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, 1926

2. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    So did you do your own setup and move?

3. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Do you have one account in both places, if so that is fraud

4. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Do you have one account in both places, if so that is fraud

5. GLJones

GLJones AllStar

Feb 12, 2008
    Did you change the zip code in the receiver?

6. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Did you change the zip code in the receiver?

Changing the zip code on the receiver has no bearing on what locals you get. This is purely informational

7. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
  8. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    Why do you always have to go to the worst. Lets just help this guy. My goodness. OP, did reauthorizing the cards work?

9. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Unfortunately, most people are actually trying to get away with the worst.....many of us have just become realistic.

10. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Why do you always have to go to the worst. Lets just help this guy. My goodness. OP, did reauthorizing the cards work?

Because I want to help as well, but don't want to become an accomplice of a crime.... So the question was to make sure he is doing the right thing

11. makaiguy

makaiguy Icon

Sep 24, 2007
    Aiken, SC
    What did you mean by "switched the account to Detroit"? Did you call in to DIRECTV and have them change the service address? (As far as I know, you can only change the billing address online, not the service address.) Merely changing the zipcode in the receiver won't do it.

12. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    The only thing I would really be wondering from the original post is if the OP installed themselves. To me its not that big of a deal that he waited a few weeks to move it. He most likely was not getting his original locals after the move anyway. As stated above, it appears that one could only change the billing addy online so he must have called DirecTV to get it changed. It just didnt appear to me that the OP was being dishonest.

13. 1926

1926 New Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Detroit
    Ouch! I've gone 67 years without so much as a traffic ticket and within 24 hours on the forum I'm suspected of committing fraud. Welcome to the forum, huh. To set the record straight, I've been a Direct TV customer for about 8 years, have moved several times during that span, installed the dish myself every time, experienced no problems until this time, changed my service address by phone everytime, and in general done everything legally and above board. I've reset the receiver, reauthorized the card, checked the dish to make sure it didn't move, everything I can think of.
    I was hoping asking here could save me the nuisance of scheduling an installer but I guess not. I'll schedule one tomorrow.

14. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    Sorry to here that. For what it's worth, we didnt all think you were doing something unethical. Let us know how it works out.

15. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Think it was the number of your posts that raise suspicion in some members here.

Please keep us inform as to what went wrong with this latest equipment move.

16. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    I never accused anybody of anything, I just asked a question and posted the answer. If the shoe fits, wear it

17. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    So I guess you would take no offense to me asking if you are a drug dealer or a serial killer since I am not accusing you of being one?

18. damondlt

damondlt New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Newfoundland...
    So I guess you would take no offense to me asking if you are a drug dealer or a serial killer since I am not accusing you of being one?
    Lol

Sent from my H866C using DBSTalk mobile app