Local HD Reception Problem

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by racemanva, Dec 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. racemanva

racemanva AllStar

Nov 3, 2006
    Hey there, have a Local HD reception issue and am looking for some answers prior to the Directv Tech coming out on Wednesday morning.

Equipment: H20 Receiver and AT9 Dish, Washington D.C. Area

We had high winds on Thursday afternoon and my HD Locals(MPEG4) started to pixel up and screen started to freeze.

Got progressively worse thru the evening and by late evening was getting the "Searching for Satellite (771)" message in the bottom right hand corner of the T.V. total loss of picture.

All other channels OTHER than the local HD's and HD RSN(4,5,7,9 and 629) were working with no problem during the entire evening hours with no apparent signal loss, to include my other HD channels(Channels 71-79).

Called tech support on Friday and he ran me thru the resetting of receiver etc., still no picture on HD Locals(all other channels continue to work fine), appointment made for Wednesday morning.

Now, this morning(Sunday) I happen to be flipping thru the channels and MY HD LOCALS are back on the Air and coming in clear!

My first thought about this entire ordeal is that the strong winds slightly moved the dish out of allignment thus the reason I still had most channels and only lost the MPEG 4 locals. It has me wondering now though as the local HD's have popped back on the air. Any thoughts?? Thanks. Bill

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    What are your signal readings on the 99 and 103-deg satellites?

3. racemanva

racemanva AllStar

Nov 3, 2006
    Thanks for the reply litzdog911. Transponder reading at 103(transponders 1-6) are 0 0 0 38 12 and 33, all others are N/a. At 99 all transponders are "n/a". Since my initial post this morning all local HD's(MPEG-4) have since gone out again. All other channels remain good.

4. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    According to this site your Washington DC MPEG4 HD locals are beamed from the 99-deg satellite ....
    http://www.dbstalk.com/hr20/html/DTV_LIL_CITY.html

However, there's a known bug in the H20 that can produce incorrect signal readings on the 99-deg satellite, so the fact that you're seeing "n/a" might just be a bug. But given your symptoms, I think your dish alignment needs tweaking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.