Looking for 'alternative' CSR for an HD upgrade

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by djlong, Oct 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Ok - so I'm starting to get ready to buy the HDTV and upgrade to a nice home theater. I examine the HR20 vs the 722 and the 722 appears to be the winner (though I'm nervous about the quality of Dish's programming skill as I've had a Dishplayer for 7 years).

So I call the 1-800 number to get a basic idea of what an upgrade would cost to go from my current setup of a Dish 500 + 61.5 hooked up to my Dishplayer, to a setup where I have 2 model 722 DVRs, one downstairs where the DP 7200 is now, and a new outlet upstairs.

Once I go through the voicemail menus, I get a CSR with a heavy Filipino accent and she tells me "no problem" with my upgrade and that it will cost $149 with a $100 rebate afterwards if I commit to 18 months.

I say "and that's with two 722s so I can put one upstairs and one downstairs" - she says yes. Then she reads the "features" from her script (oh boy! Caller ID! Ugh.) and stresses how 2 TVs can be run from one receiver in "single mode" (yeah, I got that from the website). I mention that I don't have the wiring in my house to run "TV2" upstairs and, besides, I don't want upstairs in SD, I want TWO HD receivers and she tells me that the engineer will install the wiring to bring the other signal upstairs. I repeat that I want *two* DVR units and she repeats about two TVs.

At this point I say "Thank you, you do not understand what I'm asking, I'll find someone else".

Now, is it just a matter of calling the 800 number and play CSR roulette or is there another number out there that specializes in upgrades? (I'm not convinced that them telling me I'm one of their "most valued" customers is anything special other than acknoledgement that I always pay my bill on time).

2. DBS Commando

DBS Commando Godfather

Apr 6, 2006
    I called them and told them that I've been a customer for 10+ years and wanted a complete overhaul of my old equipment. CSR routed me to a "special" CSR who was meant for long-term customers. I got everything I wanted.

Not sure if you qualify as a long term customer but this could be 1 route that you can take.

3. nsafreak

nsafreak Legend

Mar 23, 2004
    And if that doesn't work you could always shoot an email to ceo@echostar.com they seem to be pretty good about giving folks calls back in a timely manner.

4. tech_head

tech_head Cool Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Hi,

I agree. The email is very responsive.
    I was told by a CSR that the only way I could get another HD DVR was to buy it.
    They seem to all think that everyone wants to connect two TVs to 722/622 receivers.
    I only connect one TV because I like the PIP feature.

Needless to say, I had to email "ceo@echostar.com" to get the other receiver.

Works great though.

5. projectorguru

projectorguru Godfather

Mar 5, 2007
    That e-mail didn't work for me, they never got back to me, and all I wanted to do was upgrade to a HDDVR, never heard from them

6. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Thanks for the suggestions. I just thought it was incredible how , in one sentence they said "PiP if you're in 'single mode" and then talking about TV2 without letting on that they are *mutually exclusive*. If I'm watching a couple of games with PiP, nobody could watch anything upstairs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.