Looking for BBC specs

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by tfederov, Jan 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tfederov

tfederov Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2005
    A couple weeks ago I was chatting with a few folks here about how I was concerned about the room between my HR20 and the wall, specifically the BBCs and their size (mass, space they take up, however you put it. I think you know what I mean. ;))

It was then mentioned that they didn't have to be directly behind the receiver, just in the path (why didn't I think of that?). Today I finally moved them from behind the receiver to just south of the multiswitch, about 20 feet back from the receiver if you were to follow the cable. The new location for them is in the attic.

Now that you know the backstory, does anyone know if there is a max temp tolerance for them? They'll be sitting in a Texas attic which tends to be a little toasty in the summertime. Plastic is off of them because I swapped the pigtail from one side to the other.

FYI, they glue those suckers onto the one end of the BBC. I needed two wrenches to swap that pigtail from one side to the other!

By the way, props to all of those folks that were in the chat room at the time this conversation happened. This is what a community is all about :up:

2. gfrang

gfrang Hall Of Fame

Aug 29, 2007
    It sounds like you swapped the leads so you can mount them directly to the multyswitch. If the multyswitch is all right with the temp i think the bbcs will be all right also.

3. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Given that they were designed to be used at the receiver location, I would guess the design specs on them are pretty much the same as the HR20 or HR21. What extremes they will work in is not yet known. They obviously are not intended for outdoor installation (exposure to rain, moisture, etc.).

Carl

4. houskamp

houskamp Active Member

Sep 14, 2006
    It will work till you see SMOKE :lol:

5. 66stang351

66stang351 Active Member

Aug 9, 2006
    In other words don't invite houskamp over... :D

6. tfederov

Nov 18, 2005
    Dude, you were part of the original conversation!

Hey, what's that smell....:eek2:

:D

7. houskamp

houskamp Active Member

Sep 14, 2006
    This your house? :lol:

Attached Files:

8. Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook Lifetime Achiever

Apr 1, 2007
    !rolling

9. lwilli201

lwilli201 Hall Of Fame

Dec 22, 2006
    Missouri
    Beware. Houskamp has a Voo Do Cat that is ready to pounce on the nonbelievers. :eek2: Or blow up you house. :lol:

10. tfederov

Nov 18, 2005
    Dunno. I'm roasting marshmallows in the attic. :grin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.