Looking For Current 2019 Info/Details on Directv Mover's Deal

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by B. Shoe, Jul 18, 2019.

1. B. Shoe

B. Shoe Mentor

Apr 3, 2008
    Illinois
    I'm looking at moving to a new place, likely the end of July/early August. When I previously moved four years ago, I qualified for the Directv Mover's Deal. At that time, I received Sunday Ticket MAX free for the season, along with some other odds and ends on premium channels. (I apologize that I don't remember the full details.)

Has anyone recently utilized the Mover's Deal within the past 6-12 months that could let me know of any current changes to the program? I'm currently out of contract, and my account credits ($60/month, $7/off Starz), expires on my September 2019 bill. (I'd purposely originally signed up with Directy in an August, so I'd be close to NFL season when it came time to call for billing credits. Like many in Fall 2018, I was not pushed into a contract extension when I received my bill credits.)

What I'm trying to weight out is whether it's more beneficial to utilize a Mover's Deal program for any potential deals/credits, or move my equipment on my own and try my luck negotiating bill credits in September. I've got friends who can help with a DIY installation and alignment, if needed. I'm on an older receiver, but I have just a one-box, one-TV setup in my home, so equipment upgrades are not a priority for me.

I appreciate any insight anyone has. Thank you, in advance, for your help!

2. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
  3. B. Shoe

B. Shoe Mentor

Apr 3, 2008
    Illinois