1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for DTV install Tech in Dallas TX area (Richardson)

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by AMGPilot, Mar 30, 2011.

1. AMGPilot

AMGPilot Cool Member

Aug 19, 2006
    Hello everyone,

I am looking for someone to install a DirecTV SWM dish for me in Richardson Texas.

I have the complete 5 LNB SWM dish ready to be installed. It is replacing an existing 18" oval SD dish.

Please contact me if you are interested.

Thank you :)

2. Apr 2, 2011 #2 of 14
    AMGPilot

AMGPilot Cool Member

Aug 19, 2006
    No one?

3. Apr 2, 2011 #3 of 14
    SomeRandomIdiot

SomeRandomIdiot Godfather

Jan 6, 2009
    Why not just have D* do it under their movers connection?

4. Apr 2, 2011 #4 of 14
    AMGPilot

AMGPilot Cool Member

Aug 19, 2006
    Ummm because I am not moving.

I am just replacing an 18" dish with a Slimline dish.

Guess I could try to find a big freakin ladder and do it myself.

Very difficult to find someone to do an install off the clock around here :(

5. Apr 2, 2011 #5 of 14
    Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Call a local dealer. They will install a dish for you. At least the ones around here do.

6. Apr 2, 2011 #6 of 14
    netraa

netraa Godfather

Mar 27, 2007
    Call *D and tell them you had some work done on your house and you need to get your dish relocated. Order an ODU relocate, and they'll send a tech out expecting to re-install a dish in a *D approved location.

7. Apr 2, 2011 #7 of 14
    Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    And just how is that going to get him a dish upgrade? They will just move the 18" dish.

8. Apr 2, 2011 #8 of 14
    netraa

netraa Godfather

Mar 27, 2007
    OP already has his own odu, just needs it installed and peaked.

9. Apr 3, 2011 #9 of 14
    SomeRandomIdiot

SomeRandomIdiot Godfather

Jan 6, 2009
    I still fail to see how paying a 3rd party to install your own ODU will be cheaper than calling D* for a truck roll (or even free with the movers connection). Sounds like something else is going on here.

10. AMGPilot

AMGPilot Cool Member

Aug 19, 2006
    Hmmm maybe your username is a clue? :D

Just kidding, don't get upset :)

The reason I don't want to use DirecTV (if you really need to know) is that they never give you an exact set time they are going to show up and the last person I had show up to install my dish did a total freakin hack job and I had to do it over myself.

If you can find an independant that will do the job, they will show up when you want them to and they usually take more pride in their work. At least that has been my experience.

11. AMGPilot

AMGPilot Cool Member

Aug 19, 2006
    You guys will be happy to hear that I finally found a local guy to do the job :)

I used to have a guy that could come out and do the work a few years ago but he has since retired, he was getting pretty old to be climbing around on rooftops :D

Thanks for everyone's help and replies :up:

12. SteelersFan

SteelersFan AllStar

Nov 4, 2006
    I'm in Rockwall and was wondering who you used and do they do cable drops. I'm tired of crawling around in my attic :nono:

13. odorcide

odorcide Cool Member

Feb 4, 2008
    I'm in Mesquite and can do some cable drops for you.

14. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    Reminds me of the episode of The Simpson's where Bart is on the phone, scheduling a satellite system installaton, and is told, "...and you'll have to be home from 2:00 PM Thursday, until... forever".