Looking for good movie database program

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by bernietr, Jul 12, 2007.

1. bernietr

bernietr New Member

Mar 22, 2007
    Looking for good movie collection database program. Can anyone recomend a good one?

2. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    Read the DVD Profiler 3.0 thread in the At the Movies forum for one suggestion.

3. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    Try Collectorz database at www.collectorz.com. You can even get a bar code reader and scan your collection!

4. AlbertZeroK

AlbertZeroK Icon

Jan 28, 2006
    I second that! Awsome program, we use it to manage the DVD's in our 400 DVD Changer! You also don't actually need their bar code reader, you can type in the bar code number off the back of the case by hand which is what I do. We use the index number as the disk number then print out our collection by disk number. I can post a PDF print out of our list if you want to see how it looks! (Of course, it's even better if you have a color laser printer, then the print out isn't water volitile and lasts a bit longer than with ink jet.)

5. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    E.Mdtrn Sea
    Albert, please post your PDF, would be intersting to learn from your experience.

6. AlbertZeroK

AlbertZeroK Icon

Jan 28, 2006
    Here's the Linky (12.7M)

I'll have to say, it's much better looking and handier than the DVD Changer's internal junk. And it works very well. (I print it out front and back on my color laser printer, which makes for a less thick stack of papers.)

7. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    E.Mdtrn Sea
    Nice - it hit me from first page - oh, all 007 here. :)

8. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    I also use the COllectorz CD database. All I have to do is toss the CD in the player on my PC and the program looks it up and adds to the database. Movies work the same way. I have a 300 cd changer (soon to be replaced by PC and wireless media player) and it collectorz is great for keeeping track of what's where.

9. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    Oh, I forgot something. I also exported the CD database to Excel as a CSv and was able to get it on my Harmony 880, so selecting CDs becomes easy.