1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking to get into satellite for tailgating

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by UT06, Jun 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UT06

UT06 Cool Member

Jun 27, 2006
    I am looking into what setup I need for viewing games at my tailgate. I have Time Warner because there is no way I can see south to be able to use Dish.

So, I'll need to pickup a (Dish Network I assume?) dish and receiver. Looking on Ebay, I have no clue as to which one I need. For example, which model number receiver would work with what paticular dish? If I have a little direction and know what to avoid, I think I can figure it out. I do know to make sure that there is no outstanding balance on the reciever or I cannot get it activated.

TIA. :cool:

2. homeskillet

homeskillet Icon

Feb 3, 2004
    You would be better off ordering a Dish 301 receiver direct from one of this sites sponsors, along with a Dish 500 brand new (no worries about Ebay)

Are you wanting out of market NFL games? If so, you'll need DirecTV as they have the NFL package.

3. FTA Michael

FTA Michael Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2002
  4. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    A 300 won;t work. You don't know which satellite the game(s) are going to be on. You need to see both 119 & 110 at the same time JIC yu want to change channels.

5. lakebum431

lakebum431 Icon

Jun 30, 2005
    A 300 will work most of the time as all the ESPNs are on the same satellite

6. UT06

UT06 Cool Member

Jun 27, 2006
    Thanks for the relpies. I am going to tailgate for college games. More specifically, UT (Longhorn) games. Most games are going to be on FSN. A few big games will be on ABC and I'm not sure where the others will fall (have been on TBS in the past).

7. UT06

UT06 Cool Member

Jun 27, 2006
    Oh, I will want to have ESPN college gameday on during the morning, so I'll need to be able to pick that up as well.

homeskillet, seems like your idea would be the way to go. I was trying to keep costs down, that's why I was looking into Ebay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.