1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Losing 110 and 119 sat at nite

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by bjohn34, Jan 4, 2010.

1. bjohn34

bjohn34 Mentor

Sep 24, 2007
    On Saturday and every day since I'm losing 110 and 119 around 9:00pm central time. The signal comes back the next day around 10:00am and is in the mid 90's. Anyone know what might be causing this? Too cold to check the satellite on the roof here in Minnesota.

2. wildbill129

wildbill129 Godfather

Dec 22, 2006
    Do you have a SWM dish? There is one SWM LNB that has issues when it gets way below freezing. DirecTV has been swapping them out, but maybe you were missed?

If you are unfamiliar with SWM, you will have a single cable coming out from the dish, then being split off to the other receivers, assuming you have more than one.

3. bjohn34

bjohn34 Mentor

Sep 24, 2007
    I have an 5lnb with 4 coax runs going into a multiswitch. I'm hoping it does have something to do with the cold weather.

4. TAG4

TAG4 Cool Member

Jul 28, 2006
    Hi,
    I live in Milwaukee and I too have the problem that you are mentioning. I am pretty sure it is due to the cold. Last winter I had this problem and now it is repeating with 0's showing up. I kept track and in September, the same transponders were in the 90-93 range. I do not have a multi switch, just the four lines coming off the dish. The curious thing is that I do have a old Sony ultimate DVR hooked up in addition to the HR20-700 HDDVR. On the Sony box, the readings at night on the 110 are at 95.

5. longrider

longrider Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Apr 21, 2007
    Elizabeth, CO
    That is quite possible as the cold induced failure could be in the internal multiswitch and not in the actual receiving section. Therefore one port could still switch properly while another port would fail.

6. bjohn34

bjohn34 Mentor

Sep 24, 2007
    Last year it was my internet that would go out when it was below zero now it's my satellite. Oh well.