Losing DVR Shows

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by blueoyster, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Oct 8, 2019 #1 of 10
    blueoyster

blueoyster Legend

May 3, 2007
    A new problem my HR44 is going through. When I delete an episode off a list of the same show all the episodes are getting deleted. Just checking to see if anyone else is experiencing this. When I leave town is usually the only time I have multiple episodes of a show. I watch the most recent one, delete it and instead of dropping in the list by date recorded the rest of the episodes disappear. I thought it was related to the bug where some recorded shows on the playlist weren’t showing up, but this is different. Those missing shows don’t come back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Oct 8, 2019 #2 of 10
    trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    I've had my 44 since they first came out and have never had this issue.

You said you watch and delete the most recent one? When I do that, my remaining recording is re-sorted to the date the first show was recorded.

I'd do a reboot and possibly a CLEARMYBOX.

3. Oct 8, 2019 #3 of 10
    P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    yeah, do a reboot and a CLEARMYBOX dance

4. Oct 8, 2019 #4 of 10
    Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Assuming you rebooted what else have you done?

Rich

5. Oct 8, 2019 #5 of 10
    Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Everybody reboots when things like this happen, right?

Rich

6. Oct 8, 2019 #6 of 10
    texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    No, this is a new bug reported by several people with the latest release. I guess we have to wait for Directv to fix it.

7. Oct 8, 2019 #7 of 10
    Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Interesting. Did not know that. On another note, I haven't seen any missing programs recently. Perhaps one thing gets fixed and another pops up?

Rich

8. armchair

armchair Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2009
    This is news to me. I'll lookout for it.

The missing recording thing has mostly been non issue here. If I can't find a recording, the 0 number key to resort playlist usually pops a missing recording right you there at top.

Tonight I went to watch TNF recording and couldn't find it in playlist with "0". I went to history and found it. An older fix was to soft power and go back to playlist but I forgot that one.

Yes, it seems fix one thing and others break again. Latest updates have gone the wrong way with features and function, particularly the genie updates. Need to rollback several of them. I've gained no benefit I can recall with the new genie UI.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

9. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Yeah, I have nothing good to say about the new UI either. Still trying to figure out why it exists. I'd much rather use a 24.

Rich

10. VARTV

VARTV Godfather

Dec 14, 2006
    Virginia...
    Just happened to us recently with our HR54. Recording the entire series of L&O. We "had" about 130+ shows in the list. Deleted the earliest episode after watching it and the list reappeared but on the bottom left it said something like 94% free space instead of the under 50% previously. We lost all those shows...