Loss of Single Live Buffer or something even weirder...

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - SWMLine Discussion (private)' started by Mike Bertelson, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    First not sure where to post issues.

Second, not sure if this is a SWM issue. Since I receintly saw a thread about 3 tuners I will also post this in the CE issues thread.

I was originally watching BSG on SciFiHD. This is what the live tuner was on at the begining of the following time line.

≈6:15pm start watching previously recorded Jeopardy episodes. I pressed play on the folder so it automatically when from episode to episode.
    ≈6:40pm Stopped watching Jeopardy and noticed an episode of SG1 that I liked so I pressed Rec.
    ≈6:45 Started watching previously recorded Jeopardy
    7:00pm SL's started recording Jeopardy(SD LiL) and Torchwood(MPEG-2).
    7:42pm finished watching Jeopardy for a while and when to live TV and found the live tuner on SciFiHD but the buffer is clear to that point.

Now, I know what your thinking...How could the live tuner be on SciFiHD if both tuners were recording at 7pm on two other channels.

I don't know you tell me. :whatdidid

I have verified that both Jeopardy and Torchwood recorded (AAMOF, as I'm initially writing this Torchwood is still recording).

Somehow it returned to the channel I was watching after finishing Jeopardy.

I've never seen this before. Is this supposed to happen?

Mike

2. Apr 1, 2008 #2 of 11
    Hansen

Hansen Hall Of Fame

Jan 1, 2006
    I also noticed that post by someone that was questioning if there were 3 tuners. Seems all very odd but maybe there is more potential in the box that is hidden away.

3. Apr 1, 2008 #3 of 11
    smiddy

smiddy Tain't ogre til its ogre

Apr 5, 2006
    This makes sense if you did it on the HR20 (or the HR21 with AM21), if Jeopardy was a local OTA channel.

4. Apr 1, 2008 #4 of 11
    Mike Bertelson

Jan 24, 2007
    Nope, everything is via satellite. I can't receive local ABC via OTA (Lin TV BOOOOO).

Mike

5. Apr 1, 2008 #5 of 11
    veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    I have seen "something" like this once, long ago. After watching a recording I found myself back to a channel that should not have been there due to multiple recording during the time.

6. Apr 1, 2008 #6 of 11
    smiddy

smiddy Tain't ogre til its ogre

Apr 5, 2006
    This is interesting then...we assume that there are two Satellite paths and two OTA paths and one Ethernet path. We know that you can only record two things at once and download DoD and play something via recorded stuff. We would think that if you didn't request the channel changed after a recording, that it would stay on that channel (the one being recorded) but from what is being said here it is on some other channel. Was that the channel that tuner was on prior to recording? Is it possible it reverted back to the original channel prior to recording?

Can you duplicate this?

Which DVR, the HR20 or HR21 (both)?

I am going to try this tonight on both DVRs, I don't have an AM21 though (yet).

7. Apr 1, 2008 #7 of 11
    veryoldschool

Dec 9, 2006
    For me it was too long ago to "remember" the steps. Just that an anomaly did happen on my HR20 [I think].

8. Apr 1, 2008 #8 of 11
    Hansen

Hansen Hall Of Fame

Jan 1, 2006
    I know, I know, I know....it's really MRV hidden in the CE code that inadvertently started to work in a partial way and it is picking up the tuners of your other networked boxes. :lol:

9. Apr 1, 2008 #9 of 11
    veryoldschool

Dec 9, 2006
    And what's the date today? :lol:

10. Mike Bertelson

Jan 24, 2007

HR21-100 with AM21.

It was on ScifiHD when the time line started and was on ScifiHD in the end with the buffer starting when I finished watching recordings...(see original post for time line)

It did record both shows at the same time(local ABC & HDNET) and wound up back on ScifiHD...:scratchin

Mike

11. Mike Bertelson

Jan 24, 2007
    Ok it happened again tonight. This takes place on my HR21-100.

I was watching SciFiHD. This is what the live tuner was on at the begining of the following time line.
    • ≈6:05pm started recording Stargate: SG1
    • ≈6:50pm Finished watching a recording and went to live TV. Noticed SG1 was still recording and went to My Playlist and started watching SG1
    • 7:00pm SL's started recording Jeopardy(SD LiL) and Torchwood(MPEG-2).
    • 7:39pm finished watching SG1 and went to live TV and found the live tuner on SciFiHD but the buffer is clear to that point.
    I have verified that both Jeopardy and Torchwood recorded (again, AAMOF, as I'm initially writing this Torchwood is still recording).

Somehow it returned to the channel I was watching after finishing Jeopardy.

Anybody??
    Anyone??
    Whisky Tango Foxtrot Oscar?!!???

Mike