Lost ability to purchase PPV via remote

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by CATCRAW, May 23, 2014.

1. CATCRAW

CATCRAW Legend

Mar 27, 2008
    I have a Genie and this is the second time I have had this issue. The Buy$ option is no longer avaliable for PPV and tells you to call if you want to order the movie. I had this happen on the first Genie receiver after a few months and DTV replaced the receiver. Now in less then a year it has happened again. I know it is not my land line or Network as my other DVR works fine. DTV said they had to escalate the issue to engineering because they had never come across the issue before - REALLY because my original Genie receiver was replaced for this very issue! A week later and no response from DTV...Anyone else have this issue? (It happened prior to receiving this new release of SW, which did not fix anything)

2. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Press the dash button, does the genie reports Internet connected?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. CATCRAW

CATCRAW Legend

Mar 27, 2008
    Yes the Internet is connected and DTV said that they are getting call backs from the Genie, which usually is what causes the issue when it doesn't call back.

4. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    What's your default $ purchase limit in the settings?

Could that be too low?

Or ratings settings?

5. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Can you order from other receivers when this is happening?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. CATCRAW

CATCRAW Legend

Mar 27, 2008
    Yes my non-Genie DVR has the BUY$ option on Pay per View. The Genie did as well until a few days ago. I did check Spending limits and it is set fine so that's not the issue, but thank you for the suggestion.

7. CATCRAW

CATCRAW Legend

Mar 27, 2008
    So I called DTV again to check on the PPV via remote issue that they had escalated to engineering. They told me the issue was resolved and closed. REALLY - no one notified me and it certainly is not resolved. So they sent a tech out to resolve the issue. He showed up and thought he was fixing an issue of the Genie being slow. Anyway he had no idea and called tech support who had him do everything I had already tried. He could not fix the issue and left with it being escalated to engineering again. Bet I won't hear anything and it will be closed again. After he left I did see that the STB Service Port had an error. So I fixed that in my router and manually set the ports on the Genie. nDidn't resolve the issue.