1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost and Found

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by MurphieNB, May 18, 2013.

1. MurphieNB

MurphieNB Cool Member

Sep 13, 2006
    Salado, TX
    Traveling through East Texas (between Tyler and Canton) today, and found a box on the side of the road. It has 12 boxes that each contain a "Dish 1000.2 Integrated LNBF", and has the number 145511 on each box. If you know of an installer that's maybe missing a case of these, I'd sure like to get it back to them.

2. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    The DIRT team may be able to tell you which retailers/Dish Techs operate in that area.

3. SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle Legend

May 7, 2006
    I love the above above message. Honest peeps are great.

4. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    $15-25 each on ebay ...
    Interesting ... how to find a box on a side of a road ? seen boxes, never stop ... could be a bomb there :eek2:

5. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Yeah... I commend the thread starter for trying to return this stuff to the proper owner... but I'd be hesitant myself these days to pick up anything that looked like it dropped off a truck.

6. MurphieNB

MurphieNB Cool Member

Sep 13, 2006
    Salado, TX
    I was a bit vague about exactly where I found them. They were in front of a house that I'm selling in rural East Texas. I probably wouldn't have even noticed if I was just driving by. But as I turned into the property, there was this box, that might have even gone unnoticed from the road.

I've been in touch with some of the DIRT team, and we've arranged for me to drop them off at a retailer in the area. Dish Network is apparently glad to have them back.

7. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    it probably cost them $400 or so

8. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Cool. I have done similar things on a smaller scale before, and usually the other party is very pleased.

I found a credit card once in a building where I worked... asked the receptionist to help me locate the person (I was a new employee so I didn't know anyone yet)... he was glad to get his card back!

Another time a car ahead of me left their ATM card in the machine. I got it out but they drove away too fast for me to catch them. I tried to get their phone number, but they had an unlisted number... so I had to just call the bank and tell them I had this other person's ATM card and couldn't find a way to give it back...

On the flip side... I once left a pair of pliers on the roof of a phone company truck that I was working on their radio... a week later the driver called me and said he had found my pliers. I thanked him when he brought them back... and told him I wasn't sure if I should be more impressed with his honesty and going out of his way to bring it back OR the fact that my pliers had somehow stayed on the roof of his truck for a week! :)

9. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    I would imagine if you did the trick with superglue :D purposely
    or it would be real miracle, duh !