Lost Equipment Replacement

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by jpwranglergirl, Nov 5, 2016.

1. jpwranglergirl

jpwranglergirl New Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Arizona
    Hey there guys, I had a question for you. I was put on pause 9 months ago to see if I still wanted to continue with dish but did not (it had been over 2 years of service) and I honestly hadn't been using but 1 of the receivers anyway past the first year and I moved twice in that time and lost a receiver. Is there anyway to buy on say amazon a replacement and just return that of the same model number? I would really rather not pay their ridiculous lack of return fees? Will they accept my exact replacement? Also, how do I find out what that model even was that I'm supposed to be returning? Thanks guys! I'm just a lowely college kid so money is kinda tight right now.

2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    They will want the receiver on the account back. Returning a different receiver may not get credited correctly and you could be out the non-return fee as well as whatever you pay for the replacement.

3. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    The receiver has a Receiver Number and a Smart Card Number so DISH knows more about the missing receiver than you do. Bite the bullet and pay for what you lost.