Lost HDMI Signal

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by BillJ, Oct 24, 2014.

1. BillJ

BillJ Icon

May 5, 2005
    I had a 622 connected to a Vizio TV via HDMI 1 input. It was working fine until I unplugged the HDMI cable at the TV to try another device on that input. The other device had not worked on the HDMI 2 input on the TV when installed earlier yesterday and I wanted to see if, perhaps, that input plug was bad. Didn't work on HDMI 1 either. When I plugged my 622 cable back into HDMI 1 it also said "no signal".

I think the issue may be with the TV instead of the 622 but if anyone has an idea how to get HDMI working again I'm willing to try anything. Guessing the handshake between the source and the TV isn't working and one or both need to be reset somehow. Just not sure how to do it.

Thanks.

2. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    The 622 has a history of HDMI problems so it needs to be a suspect.. Have you tried HDMI 2 on the TV does it work with 622?

3. BillJ

BillJ Icon

May 5, 2005
    The TV doesn't work on either HDMI input now. Nor does the other device. Wondering if unplugging everything for a few minutes would force them all to reset the HDMI?

4. andreab@DISH Network

andreab@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Jun 25, 2014
    Colorado
    A good reset I usually try is this:

1. [SIZE=9pt]Unplug your receiver from the power outlet then unplug your TV from the power outlet.[/SIZE]
    2. [SIZE=9pt] Please disconnect the HDMI cable on the back of the receiver and TV, swap the ends and re-connect your HDMI cable to the receiver then TV. [/SIZE]
    3. [SIZE=9pt]Plug the receiver and TV back in to the power.[/SIZE]

5. Grandude

Grandude RichardParker II

Oct 21, 2004
    You may have to use the component output from your 622 until you can resolve the HDMI problem. Picture quality won't be changed for the worse.
    It could be that the 'other device' had an internal defect that caused it to blow out the HDMI input 2 and then input 1 on your TV. I hope not but I suppose it is possible. What was that other device?
    Also could be a bad cable or cables now.