1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Lost" - It's almost here!

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Drew2k, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    I've been seeing previews for the new season on ABC, and it looks like this is going to be a great season! Is it here yet? :)

Some recent "Lost"-related links:

OCEANIC AIRLINES ANNOUNCES ITS RETURN TO THE AIRWAYS "TAKING YOU PLACES YOU NEVER IMAGINED"
    "Lost's" fictional airline will resume service to nine markets beginning December 31. [FutonCritic.com]

Unfortunately, their web site is still showing all flights canceled: http://www.oceanic-air.com/

WHAT DOES 815 MEAN TO YOU?
    Catch up on all three previous seasons of ABC's hit series "Lost" before its return on January 31 (9:00 p.m. ET) with a special 8-minute, 15-second trailer, "Lost In 8:15." [FutonCritic.com]

2. pete4192

pete4192 Godfather

May 22, 2007
    This is the only show I have ever watched reliably. My wife and I have even purchased the first three season's boxed sets.

Here is a link to a great blog written by one of my wife's coworkers concerning Lost.
    http://lost-and-gone-forever.blogspot.com/

Oh, and don't forget that Cloverfield is coming out soon, too!

3. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    In case of sudden cancellation, please exit the aircraft through a
    designated emergency exit located on either side of the cabin.

4. Snoofie

Snoofie Registered User

May 29, 2003
    I watched the first season of Lost and thought it was the greatest thing I had seen in a long time. Could not wait for the next episode to air and talked about constantly. Then the second season really didn't pay off for me and I got tired of them dragging things out and not answering any questions and I stopped watching halfway through. I ended up catching a few episodes towards the end of the season and was so confused by that point that I just gave up. Now it seems like it is back on track and I am wanting to watch it again, but I have no clue what is going on and what the current story line is. I was thinking of renting the last season, but there is no way I could watch them all by the time the new season starts. I might just read some synopsis on the web to catch up or something.

5. cdc101

cdc101 Godfather

Jan 8, 2007
    I absolutely can't wait for the next season. I have been a die-hard fan since the first episode back in ought four!

I gotta get my 'Kate fix'.

6. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Check out the last link I had in the OP - if you can spare 8 minutes and 15 seconds, it should hopefully catch you up! :)

7. Casey21

Casey21 Legend

Sep 20, 2007
    Add me to the list of 'can't waits'!!! We were late to the Lost party but are catching up. Have gone thru the first 2 season's box sets and are half-way thru the 3rd season. Never thought I would love this show so much.

8. NYSmoker

NYSmoker Icon

Aug 19, 2006
    You're only halfway through?!?

Get watching!

I just finished S3 last night. OMG!

Started watching on DVD in August and I couldn't wait for S3 to be released.

9. Herdfan

Herdfan Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    For some reason, I almost dread the return since they only have half a season of episodes due to the strike. It will be similar to the 6? episode run they did last (2006) fall which sucked.

I would just as soon they wait until the strike is over and give us a full run next fall.

10. petergaryr

petergaryr Passed away April 24, 2010

Nov 22, 2006

What's funny about that 8:15 clip is I understood everything, laughed at the narrator's comments ("very sad"), and now am REALLY anxious for the new season to start!

Whoever produced that did a great job.

11. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I doubt that. I think part of problem with S3 was that the first 6 episodes were clearly disjointed from the rest of the season. S4 was supposed to have 16 episodes only (6 less than S3) with half now in the can. It will likely be a long wait for the second 8 .. perhaps even added to S5, but I don't think the first 8 will be as weird as the first 6 last year.

12. jfeheley

jfeheley AllStar

Oct 4, 2007
    I agree with Herdfan. They were going to have 16 new every week shows. This will be like going to see the first half of Cloverfield and seeing the rest down the road when they finish writing it.

I'll still watch it. But I would rather wait.

13. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    At this point, it really could be next year before we see the second have of S4.

14. Lee L

Lee L Hall Of Fame

Aug 15, 2002
    I have been looking forward to this ever since the end last year. I have always loved it, but my wife wavered some, but the last few episodes of season 3 have her full attention. I saw the recent commercial and noticed something interesting in the reflection of the island in the water.

15. ebaltz

ebaltz Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2004
    I am so jacked for the new season!!!

I have my copy of Season 3 on Blu-ray and it is AMAZING! The clarity and everything is way better than the broadcast quality. Its just incredible. Its got be so excited for the new season. For Blu-ray owners, its a must buy! I got mine at Amazon for $55

16. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    I missed it, but someone else mentioned this to me: Apparently a city is now reflected!

17. Lee L

Lee L Hall Of Fame

Aug 15, 2002

Yep, I was just leaving some mystery for the spoiler averse. ;)

18. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    I'm in the Auxiliary Spoiler Police Squad, so I'm right there with you trying to protect the rights of the Unspoiled! :)

In this case, though, I think we're safe because we're just talking about the current run of commercials promoting the new season. At least I hope we're on safe ground - otherwise my ASPS membership may be revoked! :eek:

19. Tomar

Tomar Mentor

Jun 2, 2007
    Did anyone else notice that during the recap, the narrator mentions that the story fast forwards to an unspecified time in the future. As she says this, a "6" is flashed on the screen. I wonder if this means 6 years in the future.

20. TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    It could mean 2006. Remember, on the Island only about 6 months have passed the crash. It's still 2004, maybe 2005 on the Island.

See ya
    Tony