Lost Sat. signal on HR20-700

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - Special Request Legacy Items (private)' started by bgottschalk, Nov 5, 2008.

1. bgottschalk

bgottschalk Icon

Aug 30, 2007
    So, my wife and I were watching the election coverage last night. I went upstairs to tuck my kids in and when I came back down, all satellite channels were getting 771 - searching for signal on my main HR20-700. Only the OTA channels would come in.

I checked the HR21-100 in the living room and it was fine. I tried redoing the dish setup and everything was set correctly - still couldn't find the satellite.

Finally I had to pull the plug on the HR20 and plug it back in. Once it came back up everything was fine.

Something must have happened - we didn't lose power or anything.

Any ideas?

2. Grentz

Grentz New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    This is connected to a SWM setup?

Could have just lost its sync with the SWM or something odd like that. I just installed a new HR22 last night and it kept getting 771 errors randomly and randomly failing on certain sats, a reboot of the receiver and SWM (unplugging PI) resolved all the issues.

3. bgottschalk

bgottschalk Icon

Aug 30, 2007

Yeah - I guess if it's just this one time I'll chalk it up to a fluke. I didn't send a report because I was in such a panick to get it working before my wife's tolerance ran out... :grin:

We'll see if it happens again. Was more curious if anyone else with a SWM setup had seen anything like this - especially since the other HR21 was fine the whole time.

I have the SL3S btw...

4. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Firmware version 0x29B was pushed out to my two HR20-700's this morning at 3:31am EST.

You might want to check and see if it happens again with this new National version.