1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost signal on one receiver

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by spummerr, Jun 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spummerr

spummerr Mentor

May 1, 2004
    I have 2 receivers with a Dish 500. Everything was working fine.
    Now one cable doesn't receive a signal. One does. I switched cables to be sure both receivers worked ok. Both do.

What can go out on the Dish setup?? Do LNB's burn out? Can you test them?
    Any ideas what to try? Thanks

2. FTA Michael

FTA Michael Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2002
    When something similar happened to me, the problem was the switch. Once I replaced my SW-21, everything returned to normal.

The good news is that the problem is immediately apparent, so it should be easy to troubleshoot. Start switching out pieces and work your way back to the cause of the problem.

3. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Hall Of Fame

Jan 15, 2004
    We can't say much without knowing your LNB/Switch configuration, but the most common problem would be a connector failure.

You say you switched cables. At which end? If receivers are in same room and you swapped it there, all you did was rule out the box, which is a good thing. If you swapped the cables out close to the dish (typically at a grounding block or switch), then you've proven the indoor feed is OK, too. If that's the case, now we're back to needing to know your switch/LNBF configuration - Legacy vs. DishPro, Dual, Twin, Quad, plus switch type(s) if any.

4. e0rbay

e0rbay Cool Member

Jun 13, 2004
    i don't know about yours, but my dp301 has a "check switch" option in the setup menu. if it could be a switch problem, as someone suggested, you could check yours out using that i would think.

5. Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    If you could bypass the switch by using a barrel connector to connect the wire together then you could see if it was the switch or not. From there you could swap wires to see if it is an lnbf problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.