Lots of Spectrum (TWC) anti DirecTv ads

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by CTJon, Jun 27, 2017.

1. CTJon

CTJon Godfather

Feb 5, 2007
    Recently there have been a bunch of Spectrum ads here about how bad Directv is compared to Spectrum. They have compared DirecTvNOW with Spectrum and ending with DirecTV BAD Spectrum GOOD. Of course what they conclude isn't true for real DirecTv service.

2. ericknolls

ericknolls Active Member

Aug 18, 2013
    New York,...
    The only time I experience problems with my DIRECTV service is when there is inclement weather. The majority of the times the service is fine. The newer your equipment is the lesser the problems. I experience a glitch or reset of my Genie here and there. Then again - Spectrum is using those ads to get subscribers. Don't forget there is a class action suit against Spectrum because they are accused of falsely advertising their internet speeds. Verizon should be sued too. I pay for 50 up 50 down. I use SpeedNet - I get no more than 42 Meg's tops!

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

3. PCampbell

PCampbell Icon

Nov 18, 2006
    We had a bad wind storm this spring, lots of Spectrum with no service for days. They had to wait for DTE to repair the down power lines then Spectrum could fix the downed cable lines. DTV worked the whole time even thou we had only 100VAC.
    No I did not use my good 4K tv

boukengreen and jimmie57 like this.
  4. Jul 7, 2017 #4 of 10
    BlueSnake

BlueSnake Godfather

Oct 6, 2006
    I was actually considering switching to Spectrum for what looked like a nice promo price until I realized that Spectrum currently offers no whole house DVR functionality. That's a no go for me.

I'm in a former TWC area and they have offered whole home DVR, but now that they are Spectrum it is gone.

5. Jul 7, 2017 #5 of 10
    MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    SPECTRUM: SPecial Executive for Counter-intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge and Un-stabilizing Media. :rolleyes:

boukengreen and BlueSnake like this.
  6. Jul 8, 2017 #6 of 10
    inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    They have a new one coming.. it’s in beta now and will be till September I believe before it begins roll out...

7. Jul 8, 2017 #7 of 10
    dtv757

dtv757 Icon

Jun 3, 2006
    Fios has gigabit speeds why are u only on 50/50 u should call them or reset the router. Do u have the current fios quantum gateway

And back 2 the original topic .. all "cable " cos are trash . None of them compare to D* or fios.

Cox Cable tried to run an add .. "can't get that with satellite " it failed .

"Cable" is the reason why there is not much 4k content cause there old POS systems cannot handle it .there forore they are preventing broadcasters from advancing their systems as only D*, u-verse, or iptv providers (including vz) would be able to have them .

8. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    That seems about right. There is overhead of about 15%.

9. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Some of your lack of speed could be your equipment.

A couple of years ago we were getting 50 down. It was 55 on the wired machines in the house.
    On the wireless laptops it was about 37. I got a new Router and the wireless sped up to about 45.

Now they have increased our 50 down to 70.
    The laptop I am on now does 65. The laptop right next to it still does 45.
    The wired machines are doing 83 down.

10. CTJon

CTJon Godfather

Feb 5, 2007
    The other and I think primary reason not much 4K is that for broadcast tv every local station would have to upgrade their equipment and that is a huge cost for them. They, few years ago, went through conversion to digital and now to convert to 4K?

cielohajames2005 likes this.