1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lou Piniella Suspends Milton Bradley for the Rest of the Season

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by Msguy, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Msguy

Msguy Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2003
  2. sum_random_dork

sum_random_dork Icon

Aug 21, 2008
    I can't say this would surprise anyone that has had Milton playing for "their" team, he seems to wear out his welcom rather quickly.

3. Sharkie_Fan

Sharkie_Fan Hall Of Fame

Sep 26, 2006
    I didn't realize Milton Bradley was a 2 sport star. ;)

I'm mildly surprised by this. I know he has a reputation as a malcontent, and Lou isn't exactly an angel himself. But when they had a little dustup earlier in the season, milton said all the right things, and seemed, at the time, to "get it"...

Of course, profesional athletes all around the world are experts at "saying the right things", especially when the cameras are rolling... so to that end...

...It's pretty much par for the course with Milton.

4. Msguy

Msguy Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2003
    That was a typing Error. I was so into the Bears defeating the Steelers today i had the Bears on my mind more so than the Cubs.

5. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    According to the article, it was the GM that suspended Bradley, and Piniella stated he supports the GM's decision. I don't follow the Cubs closely, but it's the right thing to do - on a team you can't have that type of disruption.

6. paja

paja Godfather

Oct 22, 2006
    The CUBS new owners need to "suspend" both GM Jim Hendry and Manager Lou PInella. Better yet, dump both of those losers!