Loyal Customer Rewards

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by Nick, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Nick

Nick Charter Gold Club Member DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    [​IMG]

2. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Well, at least that would be an honest commercial. That would be refreshing coming from D*.

Rich

3. mcutler

mcutler Cool Member

Jan 27, 2008
    It is not unusual for subscription sellers to give a heavy discount to attract new customers, with the expectation that a good percentage will stay and pay full price afterward. That does not mean the provider can afford to remain in business by giving everybody the discounted price forever. Why is it so hard to understand that concept? Dish will give loyal customers a decent break if they call in and ask for it, but why would anybody expect to have the heavily discounted new customer rate forever?

4. mrinker

mrinker Member

Jul 27, 2016
    Colorado
    I called last week to see if I could get a reasonable discount added to my monthly bill. I spoke with retention and they thanked me for being a loyal and appreciated customer since 2002 and best they would offer me is $10/mo for 12 months. I laughed and hung up the phone. I have been paying full price for 2 years now ($150/mo) so I figured they would have something better than $10 to offer me. 2 years ago I finished off a previous offer of $45/mo discount for 12 months. After this $10/mo offer I have begun testing YouTube TV and Philo streaming service. If they both work out for me I will pay only $70/mo total for both together. Unfortunately, I need both services in order to get all our specific channels we watch.