Loyalty gift

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by bjdotson, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Dec 9, 2011 #1 of 16
    bjdotson

bjdotson Legend

Feb 20, 2007
    Looks like no loyalty gift for me this year. Aniversary date is in November and I haven't received anything yet. While it is true I didn't use the gift the last two years (last year was game lounge) it's still nice to be remembered.

2. Dec 9, 2011 #2 of 16
    makaiguy

makaiguy Icon

Sep 24, 2007
    Aiken, SC
    They are notoriously bad about notifying you of a loyalty gift -- if they do it at all, you are often well into its usage period.

Have you checked your account online? That's how I found out about my last gift -- a new $0.00 item showing up there.

3. Dec 9, 2011 #3 of 16
    goober22

goober22 Godfather

Sep 8, 2004
    Sunny...
    I got a gift after my 3rd year, one $4.99 PPV coupon. Whoopee! I have NEVER bought a PPV. This year I logged on to pay my bill and saw they gave me a free 3 month trial to Game Lounge. Again, something I never used. But at least it's 3 months and worth more. HOWEVER, 26 days later, I received a postal mailing telling me of the gift. Had I not logged in, I would have only received 64 days of a 90 day gift!???

I wish they would just give a $$$ credit!

4. Dec 9, 2011 #4 of 16
    NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    I was notified about my loyalty gift two weeks ago. It was 3 mos free of Sports Pack.
    Aside from having no interest in SP since anything of value has an extra charge, I found it it was turned on 5 weeks before they notified me.

5. RBTO

RBTO Legend

Apr 11, 2009
    Same story here. Last year I was notified of 3 months of free Movie Channels. Well, I had 1 month left when they notified me. I did get a "Loyalty" reward though.

6. APB101

APB101 Icon

Sep 1, 2010
    Michigan
    Loyalty anniversary gift is usually going to be something to which a consumer is not currently subscribing. (That is the impression I get.) Last year, I received the game stuff. (I don't even care to recall its titled package.) Still nice that DirecTV does this thing.

7. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Right, it's basically part of their marketing, though not necessarily successful. Except maybe some that were given Sunday Ticket.

8. ATARI

ATARI Hall Of Fame

May 10, 2007
    I wish that had been me.

9. bjdotson

bjdotson Legend

Feb 20, 2007
    I have signed up for the loyalty alerts. I check online for changes constantly (at least weekly). When I passed my 8th anniversary in November, I checked my past statements back to September and I've been double checking online for current changes.

I see three options; They're late, they've decided, "no soup for you", or they've forgotten me.

Not a big deal, but it is nice to be appreciated.

10. Rockaway1836

Rockaway1836 Godfather

Sep 25, 2007
    Myrtle Beach
    I have been watching for my aniversary gift as well. With no sign of what I have received in the past. But I did notice that when I click on My Equipment, there is an offer for a free HD DVR as thanks for being a loyal customer.

11. linuspbmo

linuspbmo AllStar

Oct 2, 2009
    I've been with D* since 2001 and for the last several years I always got an anniversary gift in November. This year when I hadn't heard anything by the end of November I sent them an e-mail asking if I was going to get a gift this year. Next day I got a return e-mail saying I was eligible and I would start getting 3 months free of Starz starting that day. If you don't get anything, send them an e-mail and ask.

12. beer_geek

beer_geek Legend

Jun 14, 2007
    Loyalty gift?

What's that?:rolleyes:

13. richart53

richart53 Cool Member

Apr 12, 2010
    They called me and said I could have 3 months free of Starz. I told them no thanks since I seldom have time to watch a movie.

14. zxmuffkenxz

zxmuffkenxz Cool Member

Sep 6, 2011
    I believe this is also part of the reason for D* adding the messages to the info bar. alot of people were getting loyalty gifts but they never knew because people didn't read their bills, they had auto-bill pay setup, or they just looked at the amount online and sent off a payment. Now they put the messages on the info bar so its more noticable when we get free programming. I am not a big fan of the messages being in the info bar, but it is nice to have an alert about free programming.

15. ddrumman2004

ddrumman2004 Legend

Mar 28, 2007
    We are on the last month of our 3 month's of free Showtime movie channels that was our 7 year loyalty gift. Last year it was 6 months.....and at our 5 year time period...it was 5 months.

So stupid me figures 7 years is good for 7 months....wrong. Just as well, nothing much to watch on there anyway.

But they notify us through mail about a month after it starts.

16. joed32

joed32 Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    I have been getting Game Lounge every year for a long time. This year about a month after I got it they sent an E-mail reminding me that I hadn't used it yet. Sent one back thanking them for the gift but I have no interest in gaming. They gave me $5 off for 6 months.