Man In The High Castle order for full season by Amazon.

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by yosoyellobo, Feb 18, 2015.

1. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
  2. mrro82

mrro82 Legend

Sep 11, 2012
    Cordova, TN
    Awesome! I really liked the pilot and was itching for more as soon as it was over.
    Good to see mad dogs is being picked up as well.

3. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    Watched the pilot twice it was that good, I'm very happy it's been picked up as a series

4. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Terrific news!

5. karrank%

karrank% AllStar

Sep 20, 2009
    Coolest TV news I've heard in a long time. Loved the pilot. Palpable, claustrophobic kind of paranoia. High production values.

6. Reaper

Reaper Godfather

Jul 30, 2008
    I liked the pilot a lot, and am happy that the series was picked up.

7. phrelin

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    As many have noted elsewhere, the first season will be available Friday and episode 2 is available now. Critics have been given access to the first six episodes and Tim Goodman at The Hollywood Reporter has a review (note there are spoilers). I frequently disagree with Goodman on his criticism of details of shows and I have a feeling this review will be no exception. In another article I got confirmation that this is a "dystopian sci-fi series" which I'm looking forward to.

8. trainman

trainman Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2008
    Sherman...
    Correct, I don't think this is too much of a spoiler: the pilot depicted, in the early 1960s, New York City having monorails for public transit, and supersonic jets providing coast-to-coast passenger air service. It's definitely dystopian alternate history with sci-fi elements.

9. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    This was the future I remember.

10. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I like Philip K Dick... wish this was on a traditional network somehow. I don't do Netflix or Amazon streaming, and there are a few shows I probably would like that I've been missing.

11. phrelin

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Amazon streaming for us is essentially free since we are and would be Amazon Prime members anyway. They do have a few really solid original shows so its a real perk for us.

12. Delroy E Walleye

Delroy E Walleye AllStar

Jun 9, 2012
    Haven't read any links, but cable network promos make this look interesting. One of them shows Adolph's head on the Lincoln memorial. Another one depicts the U.S. divided between at least two of the WWII axis powers. Also a voiceover announcing the efficiency of the country (IIRC) the Adolph memorial one.

(I'm thinking maybe time soon to be getting AP, anyway...)

13. B Newt

B Newt Icon

Aug 12, 2007
    So if you have Amazon prime how do you stream the shows? I have a PS3 hooked to my tv, but no computer.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

14. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Install the Amazon Prime app on your PS3, open the app, follow the prompts to sign in to your Amazon prime account then find the shows and stream.

Here is a link to a video created by Amazon on how to do this. http://www.amazon.com/Connect-PlayStation-Amazon-Instant-Video/dp/B00JK1WOL8

15. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I have a Blu-ray player (Sony) model that supports Amazon Prime streaming if you have an account. Makes sense that a PS3 would do it too.

16. phrelin

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    The Hollywood Reporter and other sources report Amazon Renews 'The Man in the High Castle' For Second Season:

I'm really enjoying this series.

EDIT: Because of additional news, I also started a thread Amazon Picks Up 8 New Series, Renews 3 in the Internet Streaming area.

1 person likes this.