1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manual Timers, "Recovered" Events and an Experiment

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by Jason Kragt, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Jason Kragt

Jason Kragt Legend

Dec 19, 2002
    I have a problem with manual timers that I was wondering if you folks could confirm.

A little background: In my area, the CW and My Network TV affiliates are OTA subchannels of the major network affiliates. Our CW station is a subchannel of our CBS affiliate (WWMT) and the My Network TV station is a subchannel of our NBC affiliate (WOOD). Unlike the primary channel, these subchannels do not have program guide information. If I want to record off of them, I need to set up a manual timer.

A funny thing happens to these recordings when they sit overnight. Everything seems to record correctly. The program duration is correct and the DVR title is "Digital Service" (I think), which is the best that can be expected given there is no program information. No problems occur until the next morning. When I look at the DVR list the next morning, all of these manually recorded programs are given a new title of "Recovered" and the duration of each is 1 hour, regardless of how long the original recording was.

I just did a quick search, so I might have missed if this has been reported before. If it has not been reported before, could some of you guys do the following quick experiment for me?

1. Set up a few manual timers of various lengths on an OTA digital subchannel. For some of you this subchannel might only be weather radar or something like that, but that's okay.
    2. Check the DVR list sometime after they record (but before you go to bed) and verify that the 942 recorded them successfully.
    3. Check the DVR list again the next morning and see if the title of those events changes to "Recovered" and the durations have been reset to 1 hour.

2. kmcnamara

kmcnamara Icon

Jan 30, 2004
  3. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    I've reported this through beta for both the 942 and the 622.