Marines discover Iraqi 9/11 mural

Discussion in 'Archive' started by firephoto, Mar 27, 2003.

1. firephoto

firephoto Icon

Sep 12, 2002
    I guess we know what kind of art Saddam's guys like. :(

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/03/26/sprj.irq.mural/
    [​IMG]

2. Karl Foster

Karl Foster Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    I'm guessing that that mural was painted as a memorial to the Americans who were killed....or not...

3. jrjcd

jrjcd Arcane Movie Trivia King DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    oh, please....

4. John Corn

John Corn Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    This one picture, to me supports the entire war in my opinion. One of the more sicking things I've seen. :nono:

5. raj2001

raj2001 Icon/Supporter

Nov 2, 2002
    Oh come on now. It's common knowledge that the whole Arab world supported the 9-11 bombing of the WTC, but this doesn't mean that Iraq had anything to do with organizing or executing it.

6. firephoto

firephoto Icon

Sep 12, 2002
    It will be interesting if they can put a date to when that mural was painted. As it stands right now it isn't proof of much more than the fact that they approved of what happened on 9/11. If I remember right, Saddam made a public statement that day supporting whomever did it at the time.

7. HarryD

HarryD Icon

Mar 24, 2002
    Lehigh...
    How can anyone NOT get upset seeing this. Just another log for the fire!

8. waydwolf

waydwolf Icon

Feb 2, 2003
    They didn't have to. Why does everyone keep missing this point? The war on terrorism was not limited at any time strictly to Al Queda and the 9/11 planners and participants. They were merely the first major target to go, having proven themselves a severe liability to the world by doing the attack. Now we're dealing with Iraq. Hopefully the rest of the would-be tyrants who support terrorist cowards who bomb buildings and buses and whatnot will get the point.

Probably not and so there will be more actions after Iraq unless the next administration is another Clinton-esqe misuser of the miltary, pulling them out and screaming and running off when they suffer one casualty. One thing is for sure there. My grandfather's generation stormed the Normandy beaches with much larger casualties in the opening minutes than we're likely to suffer in this entire conflict and only got bolder and rushed forth with more willingness to do the job than when they first boarded their landing craft.

9. Bogy

Bogy Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    I'm with Raj on this one. (Bet you never thought I'd say that, did you Raj :D ) Big surprise that someone did a painting memorializing the event, and not in our favor. I knew someone was going to try to date the painting, trying to prove it was done on Sept. 9. As far as one of the most sickening things I've ever seen, this doesn't even come close. (The weightlifter pic was far more sickening.) But a shot of a six year old Iraqi or a couple of dead Marines is far more sickening than this painting. Another log for the fire? Which fire is that? The one where we are in Iraq as shining knights to liberate the peasants, or the one where we are seeking revenge for 9-11, knowing that these aren't the people who did that, but this somehow make the revenge "rational."

10. James_F

James_F Damn you woman! DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    You know what? If it makes it easier why not start dropping bombs on the Arabs? If they are a guilty as we say they are and they don't want us around, why not simplify the problem and save american lives?

11. James_F

James_F Damn you woman! DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    You know what? I bet they even burn the american flag and piss on Dubbya picture... :rolleyes:

12. firephoto

firephoto Icon

Sep 12, 2002
    shhhhhh
    That's next after a few updates to the big Iraqi air bases.

13. alfbinet

alfbinet Godfather

May 18, 2002
    No one has the answer to this question it seems. Why don't we take out Saudi Arabia? If anyone was responsible for 911 they were. Oh, I forgot, they are "sympathetic" to our interests. Please, someone come up with a cogent response. I am not saying SH should not be gone from the face of the earth, but I think we have a hell of a bigger problem with SA breeding terrorists than Iraq.

14. Roger

Roger Banned User

Aug 7, 2002
    Yeah...just like the government found an undestroyed, in perfect condition passport of an alleged hi-jacker after 9/11. I got a bridge to sell you.

15. gcutler

gcutler Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    A Bridge To Charlize?

Attached Files:

16. firephoto

firephoto Icon

Sep 12, 2002
    I'd bridge that.
    :)