Marquee Channel

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by sunfire9us, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Mar 1, 2020 #1 of 14
    sunfire9us

sunfire9us Godfather

Feb 15, 2009
    I’m curious how many of you have been able to view the Marquee Channel. To this day, I’ve not been able to view it ( I get the channel not subscribed screen). Yes I have the Premier package so I should be getting it. I called DTV and of course during the first attempt it was a Filipino woman who was going to have me go thru all the childish crap like resetting boxes etc which of course didn’t work. The second call attempt the foreign guy was telling me DTV is having technical issues on the channel they are supposed to be working on now. Talk about a poor channel launch. You can’t even get it via the app because DTV isn’t there to select as your provider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Mar 1, 2020 #2 of 14
    WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Feb 9, 2008
    Possible reason: It's Blacked Out By Zipcode

DishCSR likes this.
  3. Mar 1, 2020 #3 of 14
    b4pjoe

b4pjoe New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Yeah where are you located? It is not available unless you are in the MLB designated home area for Chicago teams. Which I was for years until MLB moved the lines this year so I am now not in the Chicago teams home area. Check your zip code here. If it shows the Cubs and White Sox as teams you are blacked out for then you should be able to get Marquee. If it doesn't list the Cubs and White Sox then you are not going to get Marquee.

Dishdude714 likes this.
  4. Mar 1, 2020 #4 of 14
    Rob37

Rob37 Active Member

Jul 10, 2013
    You're not going to get Marquee if you aren't in Cubs Broadcast Territory. I hope this changes eventually. We should be getting this channel as a Regional Sports Network with the Sportspack.

compnurd likes this.
  5. Mar 2, 2020 #5 of 14
    AZ.

AZ. Legend

Mar 27, 2011
    I agree about it being on RSNs.....But you wont ever get any games, just the same old pre taped player bio, old games, the only thing fresh will be pre and post games shows....

6. Mar 2, 2020 #6 of 14
    b4pjoe

b4pjoe New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    You won't get pre and post game shows if you are not in the Cubs Broadcast Territory. Just the games.

7. Mar 2, 2020 #7 of 14
    AZ.

AZ. Legend

Mar 27, 2011
    Why not?.....Any RSNs you watch now the only blackout is the games( and some spring training games, not all)....I get pre and post game shows for baseball....

8. Mar 2, 2020 #8 of 14
    b4pjoe

b4pjoe New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    They way it was explained by Marquee is that out of market people will only get the games with MLB Extra Innings. Everything else blacked out.

9. Mar 2, 2020 #9 of 14
    AZ.

AZ. Legend

Mar 27, 2011
    Still............You do not get pre and post games from Extra Innings.....What good will the channel be when it will be nothing but classic games and player bios....It sound more like 24 hour Rain Delay theater if they dont show anything fresh and present?Who in the world would pay extra for that?....Thats why it should be part of the RSNs.

SamC likes this.
  10. b4pjoe

b4pjoe New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Without Extra Innings you will not get one second of the channel if you are not in the Cubs Broadcast Territory. I agree it should be part of the Sports Pack. But it isn't.

They said at the Cubs convention they would be carrying some minor league games which would be interesting. But again....only if you are in the Cubs Broadcast Territory.

11. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    The theoretical being discussed is that Marquee is added to Sports Pack. At this moment in time with Marquee not in sports pack you are correct. But if Marquee is added to Sports Pack the non-game content could be opened up nationwide, with the games remaining MLB EI only.

12. b4pjoe

b4pjoe New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Yes. IF it is added to the Sports Pack. That is a big IF right now.

13. sunfire9us

sunfire9us Godfather

Feb 15, 2009
    I’ve got this figured out now. As some of you said this channel is worthless to those outside the Cubs territory because all of the content is blacked out. It never made sense why they blackout for example the sports tv magazine programming and even when they replay the old classic games besides the new live games. As a Padres fan, I get blacked out of Padres POV for example because I’m not in the SD territory yet can at least get the pre and post game shows thank goodness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ. likes this.
  14. Michael H..

Michael H.. Member

May 31, 2007
    Marquee shows up on my six HR2x's (two 20's, two 21's, 22, 24) on both the channel block and favorite channel setup, are checked to receive, and I'm getting the programming, but does not show up on my HR54, and consequently on the three C61K's, on the channel block or the favorite channel setup, so I can't add it. Reset the HR54, loaded both the national, latest test, and back to national release SW, with no change. Don't really care about the channel, but just thought it peculiar.

Edit: Was pretty sure that getting Marquee on the HR2x boxes was a quirk, since I really shouldn't have been authorized to receive it. I decided to check one of those to see the program lineup for the next couple of days. The channel had evaporated. Looked on both the channel block and favorite channel setup, and yup, nothing there. The divergent timeline butterfly effect had self-corrected on the HR2x boxes, and Marquee was "un-born" as if it never existed in the first place, and if I keep talking like it did, the orderlies from the Sarah Conner mental rehabilitation center will be coming after me with a butterfly net and cart me away.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020