MASN and MASN-HD

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by tomsteeper, Sep 26, 2008.

1. tomsteeper

tomsteeper Cool Member

Aug 10, 2008
    I am new to Directv and all the RSN's and had a quick question about MASN. The guide shows the Marshall game on tomorrow afternoon, but the HD channel (denoted by -1) shows TBA. Is the game likely to be simulcast on both? Also, what are the chances of the game being shot in HD? (they are playing West Virginia).

Thanks for any insight.

Tom

2. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    It's possible that the guide data for the HD channel hasn't been updated.

3. tomsteeper

tomsteeper Cool Member

Aug 10, 2008
    That's what I was thinking when I saw it earlier this week. Still showing the same for me, but no big deal. I will just check both at game time.

Thanks for the response.

Tom

4. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    The game will not be in HD on MASN. As of right now MASN HD is only a part time HD channel to show some O's and Nationals games.

MASN will launch a full time HD channel starting in March so next season there will be some HD college football games.

5. racemanva

racemanva AllStar

Nov 3, 2006
    You have to be a hardcore fan to watch any sporting event on MASN SD. It's absolutely the worst. I believe the WVU/Villanova game was on MASN SD this year, it was awful. Good Luck...............On the other hand MASN HD isn't bad. :)

6. TimGoodwin

TimGoodwin Icon

Jun 29, 2004
    The next HD game on MASN will be Sunday. The Nationals and the Phillies.

7. Herdfan

Herdfan Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    Slim to none and slim just left.:( I have to go to a swim meet for my daughter or I would see in in real HD.

Marshall will be in HD next Friday on ESPNHD as they stake their 4-1 record against visiting Cincinnati.;)

8. mluntz

mluntz Icon

Jul 13, 2006
    So does that mean that once the baseball season is over, that channel will be useless until March?

9. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    It looks that way. I have not seen any reports saying MASN will broadcast anything else in HD until MASN HD goes full time.

10. racemanva

racemanva AllStar

Nov 3, 2006
    I think last winter they showed some regional College basketball games in SD, remember watching (or trying to) a couple George Mason Patriot League games in SD, once again terrible PQ.

11. tomsteeper

tomsteeper Cool Member

Aug 10, 2008
    Thanks for letting me know! Quality wasn't great...but I have seen far worse (picture quality...not the game!!!).

Not the best game form Marshall today, but WV did play really well!!

Looking forward to the game in HD on Friday!

Tom

12. Laker44

Laker44 Godfather

Jun 18, 2008
    The Villanova/WVU game was on MASN SD,was awful like you said.Ended up watching it on WCHS-Charleston on cable.

13. jtcrusader

jtcrusader Legend

Jun 13, 2007
    MASN picture quality is by far the WORST of any of the regional networks...
    ...I have seen better on local access TV.