Maximum number of RC71 remotes paired with one Genie?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by ftdmlk, Apr 29, 2014.

1. ftdmlk

ftdmlk Cool Member

Sep 29, 2007
    Got my Genie installed a couple of weeks ago and am mirroring a total of 5 additional TV's. I purchased additional remotes to place in each room to control the Genie.
    Problem I am having is it seems I am only able to pair a total of 4 remotes to the genie. Once I pair the 5th one it then disables one of the original 4. It is like a viscious circle.

Anybody tried pairing more than 4 at a time?

Thanks

2. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Might be a limit. Can you do ir in the room its in and then rf in the others?

3. ftdmlk

ftdmlk Cool Member

Sep 29, 2007
    I had thought of that also. I know the remotes do IR and RF at the same time, but does the genie accept both at the same time?

4. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    The HR44 does IR and RF at the same time, the HR34 does one or the other. I'm betting on there being the limit on total number of remotes. Guess they could keep the local one in IR mode and the rest in RF to make it work.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

5. ftdmlk

ftdmlk Cool Member

Sep 29, 2007
    Ok, what is the best way to get one back to IR? I think when i was going thru the Genie menu, it sounded like it was going to change the Genie back to IR. But if you folks say it can do both at the same time, i'm good with that. I'll just use the local on in IR and the rest RF.

Thanks Guys!!