Mediashare's maximum bit rate

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by bubbagumper6, Aug 14, 2010.

1. bubbagumper6

bubbagumper6 AllStar

Aug 13, 2010
    For some reason I keep getting error's towards the ends of my videos that say:

I'm watching TV episodes that are about 20 minutes long, it doesn't happen every time, probably like every other episode, but when it does happen, it happens within like the last minute or so. But then I watched a special 40 minute episode and played front to back just fine.

I'm using TVersity with the default settings, connection is wired from my desktop to my Linksys WRT54GL, then wired directly to the DVR so the connection speed should be sufficient. What can I do to fix this? Is there a way to set a specific max bit rate in TVersity? I believe it's transcoding the episodes on the fly...

2. bubbagumper6

bubbagumper6 AllStar

Aug 13, 2010
    Nothing? Well I found out that when using the media server feature of my PS3 it allows me to fast forward and rewind (something I can't do on the DVR) and it also doesn't run into that bit rate error so I guess I'll just it from now on.