1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Michael Ansara Died

Discussion in 'The OT' started by AntAltMike, Aug 2, 2013.

1. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    Michael Ansara died Wednesday. He was so sinister that he became a parody of a villain in his roles on I Dream of Genie as the blue, evil Genie; on Star Trek, where he got silly at the end of the episode; on Lost in Space, where he turned out to be a caring father; and even on CHiPS, where he pretended to be an Indian practicing the "old ways" while secretly using matches to start a fire after failing to do so by rubbing two sticks together.

Guest stars with established personae were important to TV shows in the 1960s, because it took less time to introduce them, and when something went seriously wrong in the opening scene of an episode and then we heard some ominous dum-dee-dum-dum, and then guest star Michael Ansara steps out of the shadow, we just knew he had a hand in it.

2. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    I remember him best as Cochise in the TV series Broken Arrow......R.I.P. Michael.

3. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    http://laist.com/2013/08/02/actor_michael_ansara_dies_at_91.php

4. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    Great actor..

I remember him best from shows like Broken Arrow and other westerns from the late 50's and 60's and as Kane from Buck Rogers in the 25th century.

Rest in Peace and thank you for sharing your talent with us..