1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Michael Crichton’s ER's last episode Thursday

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by phrelin, Mar 29, 2009.

1. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    It's a 3-hour event, beginning with a "memory-lane" hour and then a two-hour last episode. Our household is one of those that stuck with it since it's 1994 fall premiere. There is a pretty good TV Week column on the show that ends:

2. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    I understand that it was a fine series, its longevity proves it. I never watched a single episode, after Ben Casey and a tour of Nam, I guess I couldn't take any more medical shows:) Maybe another network will pick up the syndication and I'll give it a peak. Enjoy the finale.

3. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I stuck with this show from the beginning. It's been good but it's time. If you've never seen the series, you should.

4. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    I've also been with it from the beginning, but this season have stockpiled the episodes so I'm doing a marathon to try to catch up by this Thursday ... I have seven episodes left to be caught up - I think I can do it!

5. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    I've watched from the beginning as well, but it stopped being "must watch" a few seasons ago. Looking forward to a good finale.

6. rustynails

rustynails Godfather

Apr 24, 2008
    I watched the show over the years but not since the beginning. I do like this season and am watching every episode.

7. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    I, too, have watched just about every episode from the beginning. Should be a good sendoff on Thursday.

8. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    This show lost it's appeal for me about 5 years ago when Carter went to Africa.

9. paulman182

paulman182 Hall Of Fame

Aug 4, 2006
    Never seen it.

10. ibglowin

ibglowin Godfather/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Sep 10, 2002
    The last few years they seemed in a rut and out of new ideas but this final season has been good with all the special guest appearances by the old characters.

We took the Warner Brothers VIP Studio tour last year (well worth the $$$) and one of the sets was the ER set. Hard to believe they can make Burbank, CA look like Chicago in the Winter but they do somehow. The set is very compact in reality. Here are just a few snaps I took.

Attached Files:

11. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    We really enjoyed the three hours last night and thought the final 2-hour episode ended perfectly. Apparently a lot of people watched it according to this article:

12. bobukcat

bobukcat Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2005
    Same here, I had watched it from the beginning and stayed with it after Clooney left, almost quit watching when Lucy (I think it was Lucy but it's been a long time ago - whatever her name was she was my favorite character) was killed and then about the time Carter left I just didn't care enough about any of the characters anymore to stay with it.

13. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    ER kinda went away "into the sunset" with that last episode.

Nothing profound...just a warm slow goodby ending.

14. Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2007
    Monmouth...
    It was a good send off.I kind of thought they'd pull a "St Elsewhere" on the audience & Lydia the nurse would wake Carter up from his nap in the storage room and it would still be day # 1 with Benton busting his chops like he used to with Dr's Greene & Ross there too. <lol>

15. hoophead

hoophead Godfather

Feb 10, 2008
    I watched it from the beginning even when it went up against Chicago Hope. But, I stopped watching it when Anthony Edwards left the show. Recorded the two hour finale last night because I heard AE was back

16. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    That sort of ending has happened too many times... recall St. Elsewhere, Newhart, etc.. I think they ended it in an acceptable way.

17. Jimmy 440

Jimmy 440 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2007
    Monmouth...
    I also stopped watching it when Anthony Edwards left for about 3 years.I caught up by watching the re runs on TNT and started watching it again last season on a regular basis.I'm also glad it ended the way it did.My g/f thought they were going to go out with a bang by blowing up the hospital <lol> Glad she was wrong.

18. Getteau

Getteau Icon

Dec 19, 2007
    Houston
    me three.

19. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    I thought it was a very fitting ending, but I was a little thrown by the one female doctor, a brunette who attended the HIV patient who developed cancer. I don't recall ever seeing this doctor before ...

Other than that, everything else hit just the right note.

20. Indiana627

Indiana627 Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    Same here. I was kept trying to think in my head "who is she?"

I also could have done without Neela and Ray on the web cam in the last two episodes. I mean they billed the 3rd to last show as Neela's last, but then have her on in the final 2 episodes like that. Just cheesy I thought.

And I wish Lucian was on again. He was never on after Neela left. Wasn't his character good enough to be on screen without her? I thought so. Seems like they could have had at least one more surgical consult.