Mini Genie issue

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Evtnj, May 14, 2016.

1. Evtnj

Evtnj New Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Hello

Strange thing just happened with one of my minis connected via HDMI to a Toshiba 50 inch TV which supports all resolutions up to 1080p. Upon turning genie and TV back on the resolution sticks at 480p. When I go into settings everything but 480p is grayed out and in parantheses says TV does'nt support. The only way to eliminate this is to reset the mini then it recognizes all the other resolutions. Kind of annoying to reset it whenever I want to watch TV. Any ideas? Thanks

Erik

2. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Try a different HDMI cable between the mini and the TV.

3. ragweed10

ragweed10 Member

Jul 10, 2013
    San Diego
    Also try another Mini

4. alnielsen

alnielsen Godfather

Dec 31, 2006
    ...- .....
    Hold down on the EXIT button found on the remote. See if that doesn't change it back to HD.

5. Evtnj

Evtnj New Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Tried all 3 of these things. Switched the cable, swapped the mini. Turned it on went to 1080i automatically. Turned it off for an hour turned it back on. Reverted back to 480p with the other resolutions grayed out. Switched the hdmi port on back of tv as well. Could it be a compatibility issue?

6. bill buckner

bill buckner Cool Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    I have the same thing happen on my Sony TV, it doesn't happen all the time. Tired different cables, different HDMI port on the back of the TV, nothing seems to help. Very random when it happens.

7. Evtnj

Evtnj New Member

Jan 2, 2014
    I called support. They are not helpful unfortunately. I may have to just do a red button reset for this one tv or go to component cables. I guess I can also leave power saving off as it only happens when I turn it off.