1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miss my Dish

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by man215, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Jan 9, 2009 #1 of 28
    man215

man215 AllStar

May 12, 2006
    I was going to call and switch back to DishNetwork from Direct TV, but now I am wondering if I should wait to the new 922 DVR comes out. Does anyone know anything about the cost and if a returning customer will be able to get one. If it is true that it is coming out this spring, I will wait a few months to switch over. I will be getting the Everything Pack and HD Turbo. I tried Direct TV, but miss my Dish.

2. Jan 9, 2009 #2 of 28
    jclewter79

jclewter79 Hall Of Fame

Jan 8, 2008
    They are saying $199 lease fee for exsisting customers so, I would expect it will be that much or less for new or returning customers.

3. Jan 9, 2009 #3 of 28
    jkane

jkane Icon

Oct 12, 2007
    That would be the loyal customer fee.
    New customers may get a better deal.
    Returning customers pay full price. :p

4. Jan 9, 2009 #4 of 28
    archer75

archer75 Godfather

Oct 13, 2006
    I wonder if, as a returning customer, you go through the website and order a package and receiver if they catch onto that later and slap you with a charge?

After all, not everyone knows that you have to be gone 6 months before being considered a new sub again.

5. Jan 9, 2009 #5 of 28
    SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg Active Member

Aug 30, 2004
    :confused:

6. Jan 9, 2009 #6 of 28
    archer75

archer75 Godfather

Oct 13, 2006
    If you cancel dish and then try to return within 6 months of cancelling you are considered an existing sub. You don't get any of the promos and discounts that new subs get.

After 6 months you are eligible again for all those promos.

I was told this by people here and I also contacted dish to verify. I've been gone for 4 months now and was thinking of coming back.

7. Jan 9, 2009 #7 of 28
    SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg Active Member

Aug 30, 2004
    No hassle, but that is exactly what I was questioning. I thought that I had read on many occasions that this was not the case. :confused:

8. Jan 9, 2009 #8 of 28
    boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    When was the first time DISH has hit a target date for introducing a new product?

9. Jan 9, 2009 #9 of 28
    Mr-Rick

Mr-Rick Legend

Nov 30, 2004
    So far what I have heard is the 922 will be a $200 upgrade fee for new DHA customers. No word on upgrades at this time for existing customers. But a new customer who wants to get a 922 receiver will pay $200 upfront. The unit will still be leased. Still worth it in my book.

10. man215

man215 AllStar

May 12, 2006
    I will have been gone more then 6 months when I return.

11. man215

man215 AllStar

May 12, 2006
    Yea, I think it will be worth it too. I can wait a few more months til it comes out to switch back. It will just make coming home to Dish Better. I'm sure with Dish Subcribers falling, I will have no problems getting anything to come back. I will wait and see.

12. Gibby

Gibby New Member

Dec 21, 2008
    As a noobie to D and E, I'm researching both. Please tell me what disappointed you about D. Is it the price, equipment, programing, help me not make a 2 year mistake.

13. FastNOC

FastNOC Godfather

Sep 11, 2007
    what is all this 6 months talk? once you're a subscriber you can NEVER be a new subscriber again. Correct?

14. bnewt

bnewt Godfather

Oct 2, 2003
    Maybe I don't understand all of the benefits/features of this unit, but why do you think it would be worth the $200 upfront fee?

15. archer75

archer75 Godfather

Oct 13, 2006
    If you quit and come back 6+ months later you get all the new subscriber stuff. They may call you a returning sub though.
    But less than 6 months and you're an existing sub.

16. GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    Dish, Direct, Cell phone companies, Cable Companies, purge thier systems, of inactive clients. Depending on the service type most will purge you between 6 to 12 months, as long as no outstanding balance was owed. After you are purged from the database, you would be considered a new client, as you aren't in the Database anymore.

17. GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    Start reading Here. I will be spending $199 on it when it comes out. Already looking at a couple of slingcatchers for the backroom tv's. I have already upgraded the Home Network, for the 2 Xbox360's, now with this, I am really glad a I did.
    http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=149453

18. SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg Active Member

Aug 30, 2004
    You know, saying this over and over and ignoring questions does not make this a correct statement. :rolleyes:

Many, many have reported trying to re-subscribe as a "new" customer and they have universally reported failure.

19. archer75

archer75 Godfather

Oct 13, 2006
    I don't know what you mean. I'm not ignoring the question. That's the truth.

If you try to resub as a new customer in less than 6 months of quitting you will fail. You have to be gone at least 6 months to be considered a new/returning sub and be eligible for the promotions. This is common knowledge.

And I have done this before. I originally had dish, went to direct, then back to dish and now have nothing. But I got those new sub promos when I returned to dish.

My email from dish:

Dear Mr. XXXXX,

Thank you for your email. I have reviewed your account and it appears that you canceled your service last August. In order to qualify for a new customer and or former customer promotion, you must have no service with Dish Network within 6 months from the date that you voluntarily cancel your service. At this time, if you want to have our service, you will need to purchase the equipment. If interested, please call our Customer Service department at 1-800-333-3474 (open 24/7) for further assistance.

Your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to www.dishnetwork.com or reply to this email.

Sincerely,

Mary M. K.

DISH Network eCare

Pine Brook

** Please include all previous correspondence when replying. **

20. SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg Active Member

Aug 30, 2004
    This "deal" makes you a New customer? :lol: