1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missed Recordings and ESata

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by redram38, Oct 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redram38

redram38 Icon

Dec 6, 2005
    Millington Tn
    I was just wondering of those having lots of missed recordings like me. Do you have eSata hooked up on the HR20 that is missing the recordings. I have 2 HR20's, a HR20-700 not on esata and HR20-100 on esata. Last night Brothers and Sisters and Shark failed to record on my HR20-100 which is on eSata but on the HR20-700 that is not on eSata both shows recorded ok.

Also on the other side is how many with eSata are not having issues and what type of eSata setup do you have. I have the Freeagent 750 External Seagate drive.
    Thx

2. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    Did you have Shark and Brothers & Sisters setup as a series on the eSATA drive? I believe the series all have to be set on the external drive as well as the internal.

3. redram38

redram38 Icon

Dec 6, 2005
    Millington Tn
    Yes it has recorded fine every week until Last night. I have had the external drive hooked up for about 4 weeks now with all shows set up on SL's

4. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Functionally speaking...

After the bootup sequence of the system...
    The usage of the eSATA or the Internal drive are identical.

5. redram38

redram38 Icon

Dec 6, 2005
    Millington Tn
    Ok Thx Earl jsut thought I would mention it since my recordings on the non eSata unit did fine. It could also be that the one that recorded is on the lastest CE as well.
    Thx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.